Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:Senior Project Engineer
The Sr. Project Engineer purpose is to coordinate the design, installation and start-up of plant construction or process equipment projects for Multiple Feed Manufacturing operations. Incumbent is responsible for development of the project scope working closely with the Region Director of Manufacturing and Plant Managers, develop project and process design, capital and expense estimates, contractor selection, equipment specifications and purchases, implementation timeline and coordinate implementation plans for the projects.
- Prepare process designs, equipment specifications and capital estimates for process upgrades and modifications to existing systems.
- Work closely with Director of Manufacturing and Plant Managers on the capital approval and implementation steps.
- Validate expected improvements are obtained from capital investments.
- Prepare equipment standards for processing equipment.
- Provide project management experience working with contractors, equipment vendors and plant personnel to insure on budget and on schedule project implementations.
- Implementation of process improvements and validations of improvements.
- Provide equipment recommendations and methods to optimize operations.
- Prepare written processing requirements and standards for new and revised processes to meet product specifications.
- Conduct process training seminars with supervisors and operators and develop training manuals and standard operation procedures.
Education -Experience and Skills Required:
- Successful incumbent will have a B.S. degree with concentration in Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
- Solid working knowledge of the Feed, Grain Processing or Cereal Foods Processing Industry; with 7 plus years’ experience in manufacturing/production.
- Experience with development and refinement of process equipment projects and managing construction projects required.
- Ability to understand root cause of problems and develop solutions is critical to success. Fact based reasoning and recommendations are essential to optimizing process variables and systems. Visualize process and building revisions and improvements.
Competencies Skills Required:
- Highly effective communications are required and ability to modification communications approach to reach operators, supervisors and Plant Managers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills Professional and mature interpersonal and leadership skills.to sell and implement improvement projects.
- This role will involve exposure to all shifts to allow training and operations improvements to be refined and fully implemented. Significant time required in feed manufacturing facilities which have typical levels of dust and noise.
- Ability to work closely with the plant leadership and processing floor to understand equipment variables and equipment operations.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, AutoCAD and Project.
- Advanced project management principles highly desired.
- Ability to “think outside of the box” - Find innovative solutions to complex engineering problems.
Travel: This position will require 50% - 75% domestic and minimal international travel.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O'Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Free Food and Coffee
- Donation-Matching Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid sick days
- Paid Holidays
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Work From Home
- On Site Cafeteria
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Concierge Services
- Life Insurance
- Vacation/paid time off
- Health Care On Site