VHB is GROWING! We are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our growing Highway Design team in our Hauppauge, White Plains & Albany locations. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope. VHB has consistently been rated as one of the top Engineering Firms to work for up and down the East coast, was awarded “Employer of the Year” by WTS in 2018, received a Newsday “2018 Top Workplace” award, and has a 100% CEO approval rating on Glassdoor.
VHB’s passionate group of professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
In this position, you would be responsible for analysis, design and detailing related to transportation engineering projects covering roadways, bikeways, and utility design. Duties include traffic engineering, stormwater management, drainage, temporary traffic control, traffic signals, cost estimating and construction administration. Our team uses its skills and experience to improve our communities with a sustainable, context-driven and integrated project delivery mindset. Our clients include local municipalities, NYSDOT, and other state agencies, and private partners who support the development of the places we live, work, recreate and learn.
- Producing and delivering transportation projects through the construction administration phase
- Pre-design project planning and financial management
- Design of highways and roads including the development of geometric layout, grading, and drainage, working with utilities, and environmental permitting
- Managing the development of technical design and specification documents
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office
- BS in Civil Engineering required MS in Civil Engineering or another related field is a plus
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience
- Current PE in New York State and ability to obtain professional licensing in other jurisdictions as requested.
- Must have experience with NYSDOT and NYSDOT funded municipal roadway improvement projects
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and transportation, as the position requires travel to client meetings and project sites
- We regret that we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visas at this time.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for almost 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.