The Senior Project Engineer will be involved in assisting senior design engineers with design, analysis, and production of complex interstate highway/roadway design projects.
- Responsible for the design and analysis of roadway and other civil engineering projects. Must be able to take the design from the initial concept to the final design.
- Responsible for performing civil engineering design calculations, developing reports, plans, specifications and cost estimates as well as preparing final bid packages.
- Lead and coordinate with other staff, subcontractors and clients to deliver roadway and highway design project activities.
- Coordinate and work with a team of project managers, design engineers, technicians, and support staff to successfully complete a variety of projects.
- Attend design review meetings with staff and clients and take ownership of the projects from start to finish.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners including clients, sub consultants, and utility companies
- Experience preparing final design plans, specifications and construction cost estimates
- Proficiency with Microstation and AutoCAD drafting and desigN
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in Civil Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification or licensed professional engineering in Texas (PE)
- At least 5 years minimum design experience
- Knowledge of and experience using CADD/Design software (MicroStation/Openroads and AutoCAD/Civil 3D)
- Strong technical design background in highway design and transportation engineering with additional experience in site civil design a plus.
- Experience in TxDOT or similar roadway design projects including development of roadway design bid packages for construction