Senior Project Engineer - Sustaining
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“The impact 3M has on people’s lives and communities around the globe is amazing. As the leader of 3M’s global community giving, I am incredibly proud to be part of and work alongside 3Mers, community partners and customers committed to making positive social change.” – Michael Stroik, director of 3Mgives
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government, or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
The Senior Project Engineer - Sustaining is responsible for the management of resources to support large-scale programs and manages medium to large size projects for the Sustaining Engineering Department. In addition, the Sustaining Engineer performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unconventional materials and difficult coordination requirements.
As a Senior Project Engineer - Sustaining, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Organizing, planning, monitoring, controlling and scheduling the necessary activities of medium to large scale projects to achieve goals.
- Coordinating resources between competencies (quality, engineering, research & development, manufacturing, global planning, global supply) to take the re-design of a product into production.
- Providing strong technical writing in support of design inputs, design outputs, qualification activities, regulatory requirements and related pursuits.
- Supporting test methods development and execution.
- Participating in medical device design reviews as project leader, participant, and independent reviewer, as applicable.
- Manufacturing and production support with outside vendors/suppliers.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Four (4) years of experience in a private, public, government, or military environment in one or more of the following areas: product development, project engineering, manufacturing engineering, and/or process engineering
- Experience in the medical device industry
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Knowledgeable in the testing and documentation with design controls
- Knowledgeable in medical device development in a regulated design environment to include Federal Drug Administration (FDA) or ISO registered products
- Advanced New Product Development Process skills
- Experience in manufacturing processes
- Understanding of fundamental mechanical principles
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, Project
Travel: May include up to 15% domestic
Relocation Assistance: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.