Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is seeking a Senior Project Lead -II to perform project management for the Application Development organization. As part of the team, the candidate will partner to lead the planning, coordination, data analysis, project monitoring and status reporting of moderate cross-functional initiatives. This role is part of an organization focused on Application Currency and Security, organizational communication, cross functional alignment and transformation to drive business success.
- Works independently, manages and oversees the full system development process to lead and manage IT program teams (virtual, matrix) for efforts medium to large in size, duration and complexity and applies program and project management processes (including managing stakeholder expectations, communications, status reporting, budget management, schedule management, performance reporting, etc.) to an IT program. Owns Project / program issue resolution and risk management.
- Drive planning and execution efforts, coordinating component projects and partnering with other teams to achieve business goals
- Ensure quality delivery of outcomes through regular executive communication and adherence to defined performance standards
- Build and maintain working relationships with project and subject matter expert teams, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects
- Handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term strategy with the urgency of immediate demands
- Identifies and coordinates interdependencies to ensure timing and alignment of releases, hardware, and resources.
- Follows MetLife’s approved SDLC and project management methodology, ensuring that all required steps are followed, all required deliverables are produced, all approvals are obtained, and projects are delivered on time and within established budget.
Essential/Required Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years related work experience delivering IT solutions using Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (i.e.: Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, etc.)
- 6+ years project / program management experience for leading cross functional initiatives or IT-business relationship management, business strategy, or consulting
- SAFE Agile experience and demonstrable experience leading technical teams through the change from Waterfall to Agile methodology
- Proficient with office automation tools (MS Office Suite of Products-Intermediate skills-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Good knowledge of Project Financials and Budgeting. Experience working with Project Portfolio Management tools, preferably Clarity.
- Self-motivated and ambitious with ability to proactively drive business plans and projects; flexible and adaptable; versatile; mission-driven; good sense of self and strong personal presence
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, ability to think strategically and critically in developing solutions to complex problems. Data driven yet pragmatic with strong quantitative capabilities
- Team player; able to work collaboratively and effectively with and through others at all levels in an organization; proven ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience driving organizational communications; ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences including executive level communication and presentations
- Work experience in Insurance and/or Financial service industry
- People management experience, Scrum Master and/or PMP certification
- Java / J2EE knowledge
Regional Application Development – Application Currency and Security
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110491