Location- Bolingbrook, IL
Duration- Long term indefinite contract to potential hire.
Title- Senior Project Manager
The general PM responsibilities can be found below which has been updated recently to reflect our desire to find a PM that drives their projects to successful completion. Required qualifications for a candidate to be considered include strong project management and problem solving skills, solid communication skills, ability to lead others, manage ambiguity, and experience leading projects in multiple business areas. Typical projects in this portfolio include Site Redesign, Scalable Front End / Back End and E-Commerce BI Reporting and various E-Commerce enhancements. This position will report to the IT Portfolio Manager of E-Commerce and will work with company leadership, their technical teams, and vendor partners to plan and execute projects. No travel required.
A project manager drives projects to complete development and delivery of solutions on time and within budget. A project manager is accountable for developing and maintaining project artifacts. The project manager ensures compliance with the company PMO methodology, including but not limited to documentation requirements, change control, proper approvals and gate controls.
- Create Project Kick off materials and facilitate kick-off meetings
- Develop and drive high level project milestones and detailed project plan
- Clear communication of project plans, status, and critical issues to project stakeholders and sponsors
- Provide Weekly Project Plan and schedule updates to Portfolio Manager and project team
- Push to get all dependent tasks identified and resourced
- Partner with Portfolio Managers to maintain resource forecasts in Innotas
- Performs or delegates the prepare, lead, and close activities per company meeting guidelines for project meetings
- Create Status Updates and facilitate appropriate status meetings as per Project Status Meeting Guidelines
- Encourage collaboration amongst team members
- Lead project to completion through defined stage gates, deliverables and approvals
- Remove roadblocks by identifying issues early and proactively identifying solutions and escalating as appropriate
- Ensure necessary Testing is completed
- Manage the project scope, schedule, and budget evaluating the impact of key decisions on these triple constraints and escalating as required
- Facilitate the project change request process if needed
- Ensure Change Control Requests for deployments are in place for approvals
- Maintain Project Document Tracker with deliverable progress and location
- Maintain Risk Mitigation plan if the project is defined as High Risk per the Project Risk Prioritization exercise
- Ensure Rollout Plan is documented and communicated
- Facilitate implementation planning and coordinate cut over activities
- Lead post-project analysis to capture Lessons Learned to guide future projects
- Use, champion and improve the project methodology, tools, and artifact templates
PM Job Description Requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with resources and dependent teams
- Strong understanding of various kinds of project management methodologies, from the more formal and structured (waterfall) to more agile (SCRUM).
- Demonstrated willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends and deliver projects on time, with expected feature sets
- Managed multiple, concurrent projects involving cross functional groups, from planning, coordination, risk mitigation, and drove those projects through to deployment.
- Exhibit appropriate levels of urgency
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178