Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a Best Firm to Work For by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager candidatesto join our team at multiple office locations throughout Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland & Texas. Within Civil Engineering, we currently are evaluating candidates with backgrounds in the following areas:
- Land Development (Residential, Commercial and Municipal/Government)
- Traffic &Transportation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology.
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project.
- Work to complete design details and plan sets.
- Perform research and writes objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff.
- Communicate with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelors or master's degree in civil engineering or closely related degree, and professional registration (P.E.) in one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business.
- 15 years experience in civil engineering related to land development or infrastructure markets
- A demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time.
- Proven experience in client management and relationships and contract acquisition in the North Carolina region.
- Has experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others.
- Working knowledge of CADD and or civil 3D software. (Civil 3D preferred).
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.