The Senior Project Manager, Deployment is responsible for providing project management of the construction process of new cell sites and/or site modification/upgrade projects to existing facilities. This role ensures high quality and timely delivery of development and construction project management related services, activities and support. The role is expected to contribute in the creation and implementation of key strategic and/or tactical activities to address business challenges and objectives.
This role is responsible for executing on tasks assigned for managing small projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost. This role is also responsible for delivering specified requirements and meeting customer satisfaction in support of our customer’s wireless network including: general network development and modification activities; real estate, entitlement and construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strong working relationships with team members and foster the development of cross-functional teamwork in order to ensure high quality and timely delivery of construction and development related services, activities, and support.
- Delegate and assign project responsibilities; direct, motivate and manage the project work and resources involved within the project. Ensure efficient use of resources to meet the sub-project deliverables.
- Assist in managing the planning, development and/or construction process for all new telecommunications facilities and modification projects to existing facilities. Responsible for questioning and challenging ambiguous responsibilities and tasks and manage conflicts to an early resolution or escalate any unresolved issues to the upper level Project Managers.
- Create work breakdown structures, develop and update project schedules/plans with actual and forecasted deliverable, and manage deviations from plan with help from management.
- Monitor project progress, compare to baseline, and report progress against schedule.
- Document, obtain approval for, and track all changes in project parameters.
- Produce project reports and notifications as appropriate and communicate project status to respective internal and external stakeholders and key project sponsor(s).
- Identify project requirements, define project deliverables, manage project roles, and determine training requirements to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Provide support and offer industry specific knowledge/experience based on the customer’s direction and needs.
- Create a clear execution plan with measurable milestones.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with the customer to ensure consistently high satisfaction levels.
- Attend/lead project team meetings as required to keep the project team informed about the progress of the project.
- Participate in or conduct project reviews with stakeholders as necessary to perform ongoing assessments on the progress of projects.
- Produce regular written project status reports and lead project team meetings.
- Manage scope creep through client change and internal change orders when applicable.
- Assist management to provide oversight, tactical input, expertise, communications, quality control, training, reporting, and general administrative support between development organization groups.
- Interface effectively within Telamon and outside customer contacts with respect to engineering, facilities, field and network operations, performance, billing, property management, regulatory, and legal departments.
- Ensure required review of all project documentation and approvals according to company standards and processes.
- Close all project documentation and archives actual appropriate records and achievements for estimating future similar projects upon project completion or premature cessation.
- Maintain proper client relations through effective communication and customer service while directly overseeing assigned projects
- Continuously deliver outstanding/high quality service and problem resolution to ensure the organization is adhering to the high service levels expected by the customers
- Identify risks in projects and apply techniques to assess and mitigate the risks using the help and support from management and project sponsors.
- Participate in project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation planning. Forecast the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and report impact to project team, sponsor, and other Project Managers.
- Follow appropriate procedure to escalate potential issues to achieve resolution.
- Manage project financials including monitoring and reporting on budget expenditures.
- Accurately forecast revenue, profitability and project costs.
- Maintain the Project and Billing Trackers and ensure they are up-to-date and accurate
Field Installation Crews, assigned Administrative Support employees, vendors and subcontractors
Office work is sedentary that requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting or standing for long periods, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity including close vision
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper)
- May be required occasionally to stoop or kneel
Field work requires the following:
- Ability to push, pull, bend, lift, and reach
- Ability to drive to and from sites
- Manual dexterity for manipulation of lock and chain
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.
- May require travel and extended stays at site locations required by project demands.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Ability to identify project impacting critical issues and challenges and work with members of the Project Management team to develop and implement successful solutions
- Strong understanding of wireless construction process and associated milestones.
- Ability to negotiate with and manage general contractors and/or vendors
- Understand construction drawings and redline process
- Knowledge of materials used in telecommunications facilities site design
- Familiarity with environmental reports and government approvals
- Basic knowledge of all aspects of leasing, zoning, and regulatory compliance related to real estate development and wireless network operations, including knowledge of lease terms or contracts and understanding of legal proceedings
- Understand the installation of rack and cabinet based electronics and associated components
- Work as part of a team – be able to take direction and implement action
- Awareness of general accounting/costing practices including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Proven ability to efficiently multi-task
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all employee and management levels
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Interest in acquiring finance, strategy, and project management skills.
- Group facilitation, engagement, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations
Education and Experience Required:
High school diploma or GED. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Professional Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
Minimum 5 years of telecommunications/wireless project management experience pertaining but not limited to: Macro, DAS, Small Cell, Fiber network deployment