IPS is hiring in Southern California! We are looking for a talented Senior Project Manager (Engineering Design and Construction Management) to join our industry leading Engineering Design - Project Management team at our Irvine, California office. Pharmaceutical, biotechnology or other life science experience is essential.
The Senior Project Manager (Engineering Design and Construction Management) provides leadership on assigned projects and acts to achieve financial, schedule, and client relationship objectives. The Senior Project Manager plans and organizes all engineering functions specific to the project, coordinates client interaction between the project team and client, provides guidance on recommended manpower and technical resource loading. The Senior Project Manager will strive to improve and increase client relationships.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Size – All.
- Holds primary responsibility for achievement of scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives on assigned projects.
- Ensures achievement of corporate goals for assigned projects.
- Attends pre-bid meetings with clients and prepares proposals in conjunction with department heads, directors and other key individuals.
- Actively assists in Design and Construction budget development.
- Manages client interaction on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships.
- Identifies risks to project and corporation and works with Project Executives and Director of Operations to mitigate risks.
- Responsible for project scope control and development/communication of all scope adjustment notifications (SAN) to the client.
- Coordinates with project discipline leads to determine scope, complexity, and planning and scheduling requirements of the projects.
- Develops and maintains meeting minutes and Action Items/Needs List for each project.
- Develops and Maintains Project Execution Plan.
- Prepares internal monthly financial/schedule reports for the Director of Operations for each project.
- Prepares monthly financial/schedule reports for the Client as requested by the client.
- Enhances and facilitates project team communication and coordination.
- Responsible for management of all sub-consultants on the project.
- Must have the ability to run multiple simultaneous projects.
- Maintains personal competency in relevant professional areas.
- Develops and maintains long-term industry relationships including client relationship and account development.
- Assists in identifying, and developing innovative methods for improving project management processes and techniques against current SOPs.
- Strives for continuous improvement in all internal processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 10 years industry experience in Project Management.
- Project Management Institute – PMP certification preferred.
- Professional Engineering or Registered Architect is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or planning.
- Life science experience is essential.
- Progressive ability, capacity, and aptitude in administration to plan, organize, supervise, and coordinate technical work and to obtain cooperation from others.
- High level of scheduling skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Analytical thinking, structured problem-solving skills, excellent communications skills, team building and strong work ethic. Must be able to build report with project staff.
- Skilled in the use of IT tools, including spreadsheets, word processing, planning and scheduling software.
- Understanding of Earned Value and other project controls methods.
- Promotes Safety and adheres to IPS and client Safety policies.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
Travel based on the project & project location.
This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is designated for field work and attends activities at client sites where they work in construction, process, packaging, manufacturing, research or other "non-administrative" areas.
- Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking new opportunities to add value to the organization. Must strive for excellence in all aspects of job performance.
- Must approach their work enthusiastically with a contagious energy and drive that shows everyone they love what they do.
- Must be capable and willing for upholding the highest level of professionalism by maintaining the Health, Safety, and Welfare for all their projects and occupants that will inhabit these projects.
- Must show competency in finding meaningful purpose and maintaining the upmost level of pride in their work.
- Must display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery system.
- Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the welfare of our clients and each other.
- Must act in an ethical, professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Must be willing and able to maintain composure under pressure in order to meet schedule deadlines and budgets.
- Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
- Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal attainment.
#IAmIPS #IPSCaliforniaJobs #greatplacetowork #greatcolleagues #industryleaders
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,400 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Germany, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V). IPS will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.