The Wesson Group, LLC., is expanding and looking for an addition to our tight-knit team. We are a young and rapidly growing general contractor located in Johnstown, NY. We currently are looking for a Senior Project Manager with a background in heavy and highway construction to join our family of dedicated and hard-working professionals.
Responsibilities Briefly Described
- Responsible for working our project(s) from inception to close with detailed knowledge of each project phase and process.
- Comply with and enforce the corporate health & safety program.
- Preparation and regular monitoring of project budget and schedules to ensure targets are met.
- Development a management plan for the project using TWG’s array of management tools and software including Hard Dollar, Viewpoint Team & Field View, Dexter & Chaney’s SPECTRUM, Primavera P6 and MS Project.
- Procurement of vendors and perform buyout of vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage the project budget on a continuous basis to include monthly cost to complete projections and monitoring daily/weekly quantity installation and labor budgets per unit.
- Ability to interface with internal and external contacts, including: design consultants, engineers & architects, subcontractors, equipment vendors, regulatory officials and agencies, etc.
- Interface with project owners, architects, subcontractors, vendors and others as required.
- Facilitate and manage critical path activities. Identify and process all Change Orders and changes in scope.
- Identify and generate RFI’s based on field conditions and facilitate rapid and complete responses from the design team.
- Manage and review Project submittals from subcontractors and submit to the appropriate design consultants.
- Coordinate and submit all required sign-offs and program documentation.
- Some regional travel will be required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Have a winning attitude, a positive problem-solving approach, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Ability to supervise and lead a construction team to a successful project completion.
- Be organized with proficient time management skills.
- The ability to create, maintain, and manage complicated schedules and critical paths.
- Resourcefulness and creativity.
- Have a Construction Management degree and have 7-10 years of highway, bridge/structures and/or Utility Infrastructure preferred.
- Three positive client or employer references from whom you’ve worked in the last 5 years.
- OSHA 30 Certificate and related trainings
- Competitive Compensation Package including bonus program
- Comprehensive Health, Rx, Vision and Dental package
- Supplemental 401(k) with company match
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid Time Off
The Wesson Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Senior Project Manager