Advanced Management Strategies Group is seeking a Sr Project Manager, Military Adaptive Sports Program (MASP) to support the Recovery Coordinator Program (RCP) with the Defense Health Agency (DHA). AMSG supports a variety of Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Defense Health Agency, Department of the Treasury, and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) program and performance management services. We take pride in our great work environment and highly motivated company. Join our team of top talent in supporting the federal government!
Contract Length: December 2020 to December 2025
Location: Arlington, VA
Education: Master’s Degree in sports management.
Experience: 10 years of demonstrated experience in the management of programs with diverse populations.
Clearance Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain a DHA Public Trust
Certification Requirements: Certified Adaptive Recreation & Sports Specialist (CARSS) is desired, but not required AND Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
Qualification Requirements: Must have demonstrated experience working with individuals with physical disabilities, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) AND must have demonstrated experience working with individuals that require sporting equipment modifications to participate in physical activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the senior policy and Subject Matter Expert for the DoD Military Adaptive Sports Program.
- Provides guidance and support to government lead in the development and promotion of program policies.
- Participates in development and implementation of goals and objectives for the program in collaboration with subject matter experts from the interdisciplinary/inter-professional team.
- Communicates with senior military, government, Non-Governmental Organizations, and program management leadership involving the totality of DoD’s Military Adaptive Sports programming and operations.
- Assists with the development and coordination of Memorandums of Understanding with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and government agencies that promote Military Adaptive Sports.
- Responds to government lead’s need for support to include conducting research, developing reports and briefing slides, and attending meetings and participating in conference calls.
- Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives.
- Serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Ensures that outcomes metrics, versus process metrics, are measured and reported.
- In collaboration with the Services, supports standardization across locations and Services for best practices and outcomes