Senior Project Manager | Resident Engineer
The Resident Engineer will work for our client, a leading civil engineering firm, established in 1999 and recently voted as one of the Top 25 Engineering firms by NJ Biz. This firm has steadily grown based on a solid reputation for providing quality service. The diverse staff includes a team of respected engineers and inspectors throughout New Jersey and New York. Efforts include some of the largest transportation projects in the New York Metropolitan area such as the Raising of the Bayonne Bridge, Tappan Zee Hudson River Crossing, NJ Turnpike Widening, and Fulton Street Transit Center.
Reporting to the Chief of Aviation Construction and the Senior Resident Engineer for JFK Redevelopment and Capital Construction, the position will be at the JFK Resident Engineer's office. Scope of work includes primarily supervising staff and managing the day-to-day activities as it relates to Engineering, Construction and Administrative matters. Projects will include building type construction and maintenance issues, airport building, runway and parking construction, rail and marine issues, concrete work, paving, structural, maintenance of traffic, some MEP coordination. The Resident Engineer will manage a team of Civil/Structural Engineers, Electrical/Mechanical Engineers, an Office Engineer and Construction Inspectors. The Resident Engineer will be responsible for assuring all submittals, schedules and all contract requirements are submitted and approved.
- Minimum 10 years of experience on projects which involve construction management and inspection.
- Construction experience should include concrete and reinforcing placement, structural steel, asphalt paving, drainage, building construction and preparation of estimates.
- Trained in fall protection, scaffolding and ladders, confined space permit, work zone safety,
- Minimum of 30-hour OSHA safety training.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written, with excellent presentation skills.
- Computer literate; Microsoft Office Suite, Familiarity with Primavera and Expedition/Contract Manager
- Valid Driver's license required.
- Ability to pass a SWAC Background check at High Level.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, please attach your resume using one of our application options - 1) Apply by email without registering, or 2) Apply by creating/using your account. You may also use our email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To Refer-a-Friend: Join our Refer-a-Friend Program
Increase in salaries:
We have a proven track record of negotiating above-market salaries for our permanent placements
Alexandra Dralyuk Sauchik, email@example.com
Josh Rabbani, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Giangrasso, email@example.com