This role will oversee multiple Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers. The role will report to the President of the organization and be charged with overseeing multiple projects at once.
Our client is a leader in Retail and Commercial construction industry. The organization prides itself on exceptional services to meet the specific needs of each project. Their services include construction management, design-build and general contracting. They emphasize a team-orientated environment.
- Provide leadership by using effective verbal and written communication to manage the owner/client, architect and consultants, as well as, the project team in all phases of the work. This includes developing and motivating teamwork between all parties.
- Understand and implement general conditions and requirements of the contracts associated with each project while monitoring the contract documents for conformance and execution.
- Employ Project Management Systems to manage and control the project documentation and cost controls. Supervise and monitor the preparation and reporting of RFI logs, submittal logs, testing and inspection reports, safety inspections and reports, change order logs and other related reports.
- Prepare, monitor and update the project schedule. Review and coordinate with the Superintendent's "look ahead" schedules and document delays to the project. Establish material delivery schedules/logs and integrate into the project schedule.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of subcontracts and purchase orders, oversee the execution of the subcontract requirements and manage subcontractor claims.
- Verification of owner/client billings, subcontractor billings and account receivables.
- Participate in Operations and Safety meetings to help facilitate and enforce job site safety at all times and the establishment of project emergency plans.
- Organize project meetings, prepare meeting minutes and provide leadership and control to insure that all parties understand their obligations and that they follow through.
- Management of project close out procedures including monitoring of punch list to completion, preparation of warranties and operations manuals.
- 7-15 years of experience in Construction with a General Contractor
- Will have previously worked, as a leader, in a general contracting environment within the commercial or residential spaces
- Proven ability to create and maintain relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to present in front of clients
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- Competitive base salary between $80,000-$120,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Competitive bonus structure (Up to 8%)
- Vehicle allowance/company vehicle
- Gas Card
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 20 PTO Days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with 7% company match