The Senior e-Discovery Project Manager/Sales Engineer oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of e-Discovery projects from beginning to end. All candidates for this position are required to have a book of business.
Reports To: Vice-President, eDiscovery
- Base salary based on e-Discovery hosting/processing experience.
- 3% commission on any e-Discovery projects you bring to IST involving processing and active hosting. ½% of 1% commission on hosting if you are the lead project manager.
- ¼% of 1% commission on hosting if there are two project managers on one project (hosting only). Commission will be split between both senior project managers.
- eDiscovery bonus for time billed. Bonus varies based on billing amount.
- Tier 1 - $0 - $5,000 billed = 3% of amount billed.
- Tier 2 - $5,001 - $10,000 billed = 5% of amount billed.
- Tier 3 - $10,001 - $225,000 billed = 7% of amount billed.
- Eligible to attend Admiral’s Club if you qualify.
- Must have a book of business.
- Assist e-Discovery sales executives by attending meetings and/or phone conferences with clients.
- Guide team processes, ensuring consistency, transparency and optimization.
- Guide and manage preparation for project milestone reviews.
- Define, measure, and report key performance indicators
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Execute the project according to the project plan.
- Manage execution of cross-functional plans and track progress of activities.
- Identify gaps, potential bottlenecks or delays and challenge assumptions.
- Perform risk management including critical path, risk assessment, scenario creation and analysis.
- Manage technical specifications for new customer products and provide enhancements for existing platforms.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities.
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Define, measure, and report key performance indicators for projects, enabling teams and functions to measure and improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Control meeting management by setting agenda, organizing meetings and editing minutes.
- Works with other project engineers/managers in the control of project data.
- Write specs for software development pertaining to a variety of business applications.
- Compile and communicate project reports.
Education: College Degree or Equivalent.
Experience: 10-15 years e-Discovery project management experience.
- Demonstrate successful problem solving, and coordination of project-related activities.
- Experience with Relativity or Relativity Certified Administrator is a plus.
- Written and oral communications skills are required.
- Previous experience with standard project management processes.
- Knowledge of SCRUM/Agile methods desired.
- Strong negotiation and meeting facilitation skills required.
- Experience in challenging management in relation to data and resources.
- Working with the litigation team to identify key custodians and sources of ESI for collection
- Working with IT at the client to figure out how to collect effectively and efficiently from the client
- Performing or managing the collection process with a provider
- Receiving data
- Loading data and resolving any issues with data — examples can include corrupted files, records without files attached, rendering issues, etc.
- Performing a check that all required metadata has been received
- Ensuring documents are OCR’d as needed
- Setting up a database for a matter
- Creating searches, filters, and tags, and utilizing the features of the review platform to enhance the lawyer’s goals for the case
- Creating redactions, privilege sets, and production sets
- Doing quality control on production sets according to defined parameters for the case, including date ranges, custodians, topics, etc.
- Sending out productions
IST Management Services, Inc. is one of the fastest growing, privately held business process outsourcing companies in the U.S. The company provides total office solutions including e-discovery, court reporting, collections/forensics, document review, legal staffing, and the management of copy, mail, imaging, supply, records, reception, desktop publishing, shipping & receiving and other administrative services for law firms and other large companies. IST was awarded the Human Resources Professional Excellence Award by the Society for Human Resource Management due to its outstanding employee reward programs. IST was also a winner of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work for award.
The company is over 22 years’ old with operations in 50 cities throughout the U.S. It has a strong culture and is able to provide consistent, high-quality service regardless of location. Its recruiting standards are high.
IST provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability in accordance with applicable law in both the application and employment stages. If you require any accommodation in completing your application for employment, please inform National Director of Talent Acquisition, Sydney Ayers, by following this link http://www.istmanagement.com/talent-acquisition-team.html for direct contact information.