As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is the asset management business of Voya Financial, a Fortune 500 company with over 6,000 employees seeking to help clients plan, invest and protect their savings. Voya IM manages approximately $220 billion in assets across Fixed Income, Senior Loans, Equities, Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions, Private Equity, and Real Assets.1 Drawing on over 40 years of experience and the expertise of 250+ investment professionals, Voya IM’s capabilities span traditional products and solutions as well as those that cannot be easily replicated by an index.
Voya IM’s award-winning culture is deeply rooted in a client-centric approach to helping investors meet their goals — from insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, and consultants to intermediaries, and individual investors. Reliability is why our clients hire us and it is why they trust us to navigate the path ahead.
The purpose of the Project Manager role is to provide leadership and support to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project execution. The business relies on the Project Management Office (PMO) to execute on-time and on-budget programs that enable its strategic goals and objectives. You will provide governance and standards, as well as, planning, coordination, reporting and monitoring of a diverse mix of strategic projects for the organization. You will represent our team to internal clients and external vendors and partner with them to ensure a successful start-up and completion of projects. You will be relied upon to provide comprehensive yet concise status and progress reporting to ensure internal clients and executives have transparency into expected project completion and/or risks.
The exposure of this position is significant and reaches across a broad group of senior leaders. As a result it requires experienced communication and relationship skills. The scope of work is exciting and varied including business and technology initiatives. You will have a great deal of autonomy and will be expected to exercise both direct and indirect influencing, while maintaining the full support from the senior leadership team of the organization. Participation and involvement in a broad range of initiatives will allow you to strengthen your knowledge base while demonstrating continued performance and completion of deliverables.
- Work independently to plan and run large and/or complex strategic projects, ensuring predictable, consistent and successful project delivery.
- Define project governance, outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path.
- Responsible for collaborating with finance and business unit leaders to track and report monthly project, travel and other expense items.
- Provide a holistic view of the overall project to the organization and all clients including the creation of executive-level and project working group reporting that assess and communicate status, completion and risks for projects.
- Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Crafting and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major landmarks and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure ongoing control of the project (e.g., Kick Off Meeting, Overall Project Management Approach, Status And Progress Reporting, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.).
- Ensure success criteria is defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes.
- Be knowledgeable about the project subject matter.
- Effective presentation and communications style that builds and maintains strong relationships with clients and influences outcomes and decisions.
- Assist managers across the organization in identifying appropriate resources to accomplish tasks and develops timelines to identify and track project landmarks to ensure projects are completed within the established timelines and budget.
- Facilitate strategic planning sessions with business leaders to figure out the scope and objectives of each project and anticipates project hurdles as well as alternative solutions.
- Projects will range from clearly/well-defined scope and impact to open-ended/requiring significant definition.
- Assist in the design and management of SharePoint sites and processes.
- Work with business divisions across Voya Investment Management to understand requirements and perform project scoping activities.
- Participate in the development of portfolio/program level project roadmaps.
- Assist with special projects to enhance the overall performance and functioning of the PMO as needed.
- May be responsible for training and mentoring junior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of progressive experience in consulting, project and/or program management or business analysis.
- 5+ years of experience working within the investment management (buy-side) and/or financial services industry.
- MBA, preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP®), preferred
- Agile certifications: PMI-ACP® and/or CSM ®, preferred
- Experience leading large, complex projects through all phases: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling and closing.
- Highly skilled in leading and performing the following activities: requirements gathering & documentation, analysis, design, planning, and production implementation.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills including: setting agendas, task management, time management, taking minutes.
- documentation, and action item management both formal and informal settings.
- Experience effectively handling projects through shared resources; internal and external (vendor and/or consultant) resources; on-shore/off-shore models.
- Experience in creation of project business cases.
- Strong ability to multi-task, solve problems, learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of change management processes and industry standard methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to effect change in a matrix environment.
- Ability to receive and provide coaching and feedback.
- Proficiency in MS Project, Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Visio and PowerPoint; Experience with Workfront or PPM Clarity is a plus.
- Understand and are current with industry trends and can relate aspects to our business and influence business leaders accordingly.
- Knowledge of two or more of the following areas: Marketing and/or Digital Marketing, Distribution, Investment Management Operations (particularly, front or middle office), Investment Management Applications & Technologies, Finance, Risk or Compliance.
- Interest in pursuing the CFA or the CFA Investment Foundations Program a plus.
Travel Required: up to 25% on average domestic travel.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.