At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is seeking a Senior Project Manager for Construction of Transit Facilities to join us in our Northern Virginia – Washington DC location. This position is highly responsible, managerial, and supervisory to support a transit construction program. This position requires an effective team leader who can mentor project team members and foster a working environment where culturally diverse project staff can work together cooperatively to deliver the project on-time and on-budget.
- Development of the contract packages including design, and construction prepare all packages for bidding, proposal evaluation and award recommendations
- Coordinate, manage, and report on the overall construction program’s budget, schedule, risks, risk mitigation strategies to senior management
- Prepare and provide presentations to executive management, including the board of directors and new media
- Coordination between the consultant's in-house disciplines and subconsultants, as well as associated client staff associated with this construction program to ensure consistency in the deliverables
- Ensuring compliance with the consultant's, contractors and client’s quality programs. Responsible for all project deliverables and coordination of quality reviews of materials prior to delivery to a client
- Consultant manpower and budget control to complete project tasks within the agreed budget and schedule
- Preparation and distribution of correspondence, memoranda, action lists and related material
- Overall management responsibility to ensure timely processing of RFI’s, PCO’s, transmittals and change orders
- Responses to client questions and requests to the work of this task
- Resolution and formal responses to review comments
- Conduct all project meetings (weekly meetings anticipated) with contractors, and clients at their offices, at client’s discretion, to manage the program.
- A monthly report on the construction program’s is to be submitted for client executive management team, to include the consultant’s work performed during the month.
- Performance will be evaluated on the ability to successfully advance the program on time, on schedule, in conformance with the technical specifications to ensure the highest quality, and in a safe manner.
Minimum Qualifications -
- Incumbent must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, project management, construction management, business, or related field plus a minimum of 20 years demonstrable experience managing large projects, or at least 25 years of demonstrable experience in same
- Experience with track and rail systems preferred
- Must possess PE license
- Must have bus facility construction experience
- Must have proven ability to manage complex budgets and schedules
- Must have knowledge of working in a government environment
- Must be able to pass a government background check
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must have reliable transportation
- May be required to travel out-of-state to conduct manufacturer inspections of facilities and witness any factory acceptance testing as required by the
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Fairfax, VA
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: 2018-5396