Associate functions as a senior professional engineering discipline lead on major projects and may serve as a Senior Project Manager or Project Director on large, complex multidiscipline projects. Associate independently develops and evaluates engineering reports, plans and specification criteria for a variety of projects, engineering design and facility development, design detailing, code analysis, construction document production, construction administration, coordinating with a diversified project team, client communication, proposal coordination, marketing, presentations, and management of other disciplinerelated activities. Associate performs diverse and complex discipline work tasks requiring extensive engineering, communication, and management expertise to lead project production and quality assurance programs while maintaining profitable operations.
- Bachelor's or Master's of Engineering degree or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline from an accredited university
- 8+ years of work experience within the field of transportation engineering
- Must have professional registration (PE)
- Experience as a leader of the profession of engineering within the community
- Ability to manage multiple professional projects, as well as, design teams, staff and clients
- Excellent verbal communication skills and marketing experience
- Independently applies extensive and diverse professional and technical knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related discipline field
- Uses advanced analytical techniques in the analysis, modification, or extension of theories and practices of professional discipline best practices to complete assignments
- Applies professional skills to production and review of products to ensure quality
- Works on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features typically serving as the team expert on the assigned discipline subject matter
- Exhibits advanced professional and technical leadership skills in the successful completion of discipline tasks and project management responsibilities
- Exhibits leadership in application and conformance to company and Program standard operating procedures and technical requirements for projects and discipline deliverables
- Maintains professional registration and licensure by ensuring conformance with professional, ethical, educational, and discipline practice requirements
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance
- Develops new techniques and/or improved processes, materials, or products
- Assists upper-level management and other associates as a technical specialist, mentor, or advisor Supervises discipline production and leads a multidiscipline project team
- Supervises staff, field reviews, inspections, and observations of ongoing construction projects
- Recognized by professional peers within the discipline area of specialty
- Supervises a multidiscipline team necessary to complete project assignments
- Manages and is in responsible charge of discipline team activities
- Reviews and approves scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments
- Prepares proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs
In addition to the position’s skills, education and experience requirements, the following RS&H competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
· Change Orientation
· Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans to complex interchanges, major roadway, and segmental bridge designs, our teams provide the highest quality planning, environmental and engineering design solutions to our clients. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving and improving the overall quality of life. By joining our team, you too can lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.