Lead the development team in new construction, renovation and acquisitions. Oversee all assigned project management activities. Work closely and provide expertise and guidance to other departments.
Our company culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxv-N7N8iOk
What it’s like to work with Kalahari: https://bit.ly/2T9j6XW
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Ideal candidate will posses a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Construction Management and/or related field and ten (10) plus years experience in commercial design and construction. Experience in Hospitality project management is beneficial. Individual must have the ability to lead projects on a national level from both on-site and off-site locations.
LICENSE/PERMITS REQUIRED: Must have valid Drivers License. Trade School and/or related field certificates helpful.
- A strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, scheduling and processes as they relate to corporate real estate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional manner and computer literacy
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent writing an communications skills
- Ability for travel to project locations
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with Federal, State and Local governments.
- Ability to read Blueprints
- CAD and Drafting skills a plus
- Possible heavy workloads; exerting up to 100 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or other wise move objects occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching involved.
- Must be able to work in warm/humid settings and hot/humid and cold/freezing weather
- Be able to work flexible and long hours sometimes and weekends, nights, and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Manage the Development Department for budgeting, staffing etc.
- Provide support as needed for acquisitions including potentially feasibility analysis construct-ability, concept design and evaluation, and budgeting.
- Pre-development, product development, design management, permitting and project budgeting.
- Project Management Construction function of the department including scheduling, budget analysis, change orders, and punch lists.
- Coordinate with Finance and Capitol Purchasing.
- Coordinate with Facilities Departments.
- Oversee the preparation of design/construction documents, coordinating with the architect, consultants and contractors.
- Manage the building permit process.
- Oversee all aspects of the project construction as the owner’s representative.
- Manage and maintain record keeping of all project documents and files.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Monitor all subcontract bid and award activities, review all change orders and monthly requisitions, and review all subcontractor agreements for compliance.
- Liaise and manage relationships with governmental, environmental as well as engineering firms and consultants to prepare all necessary documentation for presentation to the proper authorities in order to obtain permits and licenses.
WHO WE ARE
- We are America's Largest Indoor Waterparks and Resorts, including authentically-African themed resorts, luxurious spas, state-of-the-art convention centers, world-class dining, cutting-edge arcades, thrilling theme parks and diverse shopping experiences. Kalahari Resorts is owned by one family and has three large operating properties, with another opening in Round Rock, TX in 2020.