Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Lennar (NYSE:LEN), is a multifamily real estate development and operating company with a diverse portfolio of institutional quality multifamily rental communities across the US. Between our completed developments and pipeline, LMC controls nearly 100 communities across the US that exceeds 31,000 homes and $12 Billion in development costs and consists of high-rise, mid-rise and garden apartments.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for providing general accounting and financial reporting expertise for a portfolio of properties. Responsible for reconciliation of bank accounts, analysis of accounts, performing month-end close, and assisting the Controller in all financial reporting and accounting related services required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciles and analyzes various company General Ledgers.
- Prepare and input journal entries and ensures entries are accurate and correct, and contacts division Associates to obtain information, if needed.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes.
- Assist in preparation of audit and tax schedule/returns.
- Assist in preparation and/or review of monthly variances and analysis of variances (actual to budget on P/L).
- Communicate on a daily basis with Community Manager to relay financial information.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of real estate (homebuilding and/or multifamily) experience is required.
- Experience with public accounting is preferred.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- RealPage accounting system or comparable system experience is a plus.
- Be a proven team player and leader that can work quickly, accurately, and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong prioritization skills while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Organizational skills required; meeting deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.