COUNTRY Financial is seeking a Sr. Property Claims Representative to join their field claims team. This position provides a consistent, positive, and satisfying claims experience for our clients through the proper investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement of property claims.
Investigates and maintains workers' compensation, property/casualty claims. Determines liability, secures information, reviews coverages, arranges property damage appraisals, and settles claims. Report inside/outside designation.
*This position if part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Investigates claims by determining applicable policy coverage, evaluates, negotiates and settles assigned claims.
- Initiates contact with insureds, claimants, and all relevant parties to gather basic information, obtain recorded statements (when necessary), and explain the overall claims process.
- Completes physical inspections of damaged property (when necessary), evaluates damages, and prepares written estimates according to policy provisions and liability.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft WORD and Excel (or their equivalents), Xactimate, and/or other claims estimating software (as applicable).
- Possesses competent knowledge with residential and commercial construction techniques.
- Work may involve overtime or extend beyond normal business hours due to business need or in the case of emergency situations.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of Claims experience OR,
- Master’s degree and at least 3 years of Claims experience OR,
- At least 7 years of Claims experience.
- Maintains the appropriate adjuster's licensing as required by the states in which we do business.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication, including telephone etiquette, possesses good decision-making skills and the ability to persuade and negotiate effectively, possesses the ability to handle potential conflict effectively and constructively, and demonstrates good organizational skills, analytical ability, and detail orientation and knowledge of basic math and geometry.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task while interacting effectively with financial representatives, claimants, insureds, internal staff members, and external contacts, and must be able to work independently in the field or as a member of a team.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school (or the equivalent in related work experience). Education equivalent to graduation from college with a degree in business, insurance or agribusiness is preferred.
- Has the physical dexterity to walk, reach, climb, and crawl to inspect damage, sometimes in unfavorable working conditions or inclement weather. Must be able to lift, carry, and climb ladders weighing up to 50 pounds (only applicable if assigned to work property claims).
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.