Walsh is currently seeking a Senior Proposal Coordinator to work in our Transportation Division in Irving, TX.
As a member of Walsh’s Communications team, you will need to be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where clear and precise communication is critical to the continued growth of the business. As a Senior Proposal Coordinator, you will be on the front lines of this endeavor, helping to secure the new business projects. You must be meticulous, collaborative, a quick learner, a multi-tasker, passionate about communication and the AEC industry. You should also be eager to wear many different hats and support the team at all times.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Conduct full day to day life cycle proposal management, including pre-RFP related activities; drafting, reviewing, compliance checks, and finalizing various proposal volumes including content, style, formatting, and graphics, Keep track of owner clarifications and addendum while managing all proposal submission related activities. This includes leading/participating in post submission proposal lessons learned sessions.
- Perform detailed analysis of EOIs, RFQs, and RFPs to identify all requirements; ensure development of compliant annotated outlines for proposal sections/volumes including the development, tracking and maintaining of compliance matrices.
- Facilitate or assist with the development of competitor SWOT analysis, win themes, value propositions, and discriminators. This includes style conventions based on corporate standards and individual RFP requirements. Ensures deployment of the win strategy throughout the duration of the pursuit.
- Establish and maintain proposal schedules - from the kick off meeting and weekly status calls through color team reviews, to final production and submission. This includes directing and tracking all proposal graphics, production materials, and document design to ensure the responses are produced properly, received on time, and has a cohesive and professional look and feel. Takes the lead in development schedule for "writing recovery" efforts if applicable.
- Establish the electronic file structure, archive, and back up capability and procedures for all proposal materials on the team's server system including document electronic proposal file access and tracking protocols for ensuring the security and integrity of all proposal documentation.
- Develop initial writing outlines for each proposal section structured to be compliant with the owner's requirements and evaluation criteria.
- Under supervision, manage, lead, and write non-technical proposal volumes as necessary including interviewing and debriefing subject matter experts to obtain compliant and compelling content for all sections/volumes.
- Establish templates and standards for proposal visual themes, including writing style guidelines. Manage the production of draft and final text and graphics. Maintain real-time development status of all proposal text and graphics to provide writing consistency and compliance.
- Interface with Lead Estimator, Sponsor, and Executive Team to ensure compliance with all requirements and consistency with the bid price. Including assisting the team with the preparation for owner interviews if applicable.
- Perform a final quality review of all documents performing a detailed compliance check to ensure the proposal is of high quality and sign off on their production and submission readiness.
- Maintaining and updating the Corporation Experience Database, marketing service and Proposal Archive SharePoint site.
- Filing Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests and researching potential clients, partners, subcontractors, designers, and competitors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Business, Communications, Journalism, Liberal Arts, or a related field
- 6+ years of RFP response and proposal development experience (or equivalent) is required
- AEC industry experience highly preferred, particularly in the preparation and management of proposals for alternated project delivery projects
- Active member of Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) and/or Association of Proposal Management Professional (APMP) is a plus
- Experience with design-build and/or P3 proposals is desired
- Experience with technical writing is an engineering environment preferred
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly inDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro)
- Experience understanding and working with Primavera P6 schedules is preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Adaptable to changing priorities in a dynamic work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran