Responsible for writing and editing technical and non-technical narrative sections of proposals in response to solicitations from various local, state and federal government agencies. Must have the ability to learn, understand, and describe technical concepts. Under the direction of the proposal manager for the specific assignment, the senior proposal writer is responsible to review solicitation documents, create the proposal outline, annotate it with the proposal manager, and guide the template development process. She/he participates during planning sessions to fully understand the business requirements and how to best position the proposal response. He/she must be able to successfully work cross-functionally, virtually, and collaboratively with technical and subject matter experts to develop winning, targeted, responsive proposals from outlines through to final text. This person will author, proofread, and edit proposal content. He or she will check color team drafts for consistency, clarity, and the persuasiveness of the material. The desired deliverables are well written and properly laid out proposals and sole-source quotes. The response text is compliant, concise, and compelling. The net result is yielding the highest possible technical evaluation scores.
- Participate in proposal strategy sessions.
- Based on the RFP, identify appropriate format and content of the response and customize as necessary to meet all request for proposal (RFP) specifications and requirements.
- Create and distribute an assignment matrix that identifies the appropriate subject matter experts.
- Write and distribute an outlined 1st draft, populating it with baseline text. Proposals must be grammatically correct, concise, well written, properly formatted, and directed at the appropriate audience.
- Create new content from interviews with subject matter experts.
- Coordinate production with the department’s Proposal Specialist/Proposal Coordinator.
- Attend meetings of the core proposal team.
- Communicate the project status.
- Perform initial edits of input submitted by subject matter experts.
- Ensure full compliance with RFP requirements.
- Assist in maintaining the RFP and proposal archive.
- Contribute to department goals by gathering supporting materials from various sources for incorporation into future proposals and other corporate documentation.
- Work collaboratively with graphic designers and Marketing to enhance quote and proposal text.
- Use Microsoft Office suite of products proficiently, including Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint, to accomplish daily tasks.
- Occasional long work hours, including nights and weekends, will be required to complete RFP responses within time guidelines.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in technical writing, marketing, journalism, or communications required.
- 5-7 years of experience writing proposals. The ideal candidate should be familiar with state and/or national government procurement processes and proposal types, and have experience responding to technical solution requirements.
- Experience with capture planning, RFP analysis, outline development, storyboarding, and supporting business strategy development.
- Ability to multitask within strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of contributors on a proposal team, including helping to motivate, coordinate, and guide the response efforts.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to write winning proposal text.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel Requirement, such as;
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
Working Conditions, such as:
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
Physical Demands, such as:
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
IDEMIA is anequal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.