Credence Management Solutions, LLC (Credence) is seeking a Senior Public Affairs Specialist to support the Office of Public Affairs (OPA), which is the principal voice of the FBI that builds trust and confidence internally and externally in direct support of the FBI’s mission and strategy. The FBI.gov and Internet Operations Unit (FIOU) of OPA is responsible for managing the content of and providing the technical services for the FBI’s web-based interfaces. These communication platforms include FBI.gov, field office websites, websites and systems of other divisions, and FBI social media accounts. FIOU manages over 200,000 pages and the Senior Public Affairs Specialist will provide support in maintaining these pages and advancing the FBI’s online strategy.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and provide high-level support to a team of public affairs specialists and programming professionals whose responsibility it is to manage the FBI’s highly trafficked website at www.FBI.gov, expanding social media footprint, and overall web presence.
- Vet, review, and manage requests for new content or updates to existing content on FBI.gov, leverage public affairs knowledge, experience, and instinct to consider such things as the potential affects the content could have on the perception of effectiveness of the agency or the appropriateness, value, and relevance of material for the public;
- Work with personnel across the FBI, occasionally FBI partners, to manage their websites, including analyzing proposals to overhaul webpages or subsections and providing strategic direction;
- Evaluate and edit content submitted for publication on FBI.gov from Headquarters and field personnel, including determining the size, design, and arrangement of digital media on page layouts.
- Write and craft feature articles, news blogs, and other original web content that engages readers with clear, captivating, and conversational language.
- Shape, develop, support, and execute web and social media strategies, content, and campaigns across various platforms, using a variety of online tools, including an advanced content management system, to build awareness and reach audiences.
- Use the FBI.gov content management system to make both routine and advanced updates and edits, including building webpages and uploading digital media.
- Assist government personnel with video production.
- Help to determine metrics of success and assess the effectiveness of social marketing initiatives and investments.
- Monitor and forecast digital trends, best practices, emerging technologies, policies, and risks;
- Establish relationships with new social media outlets, exploring terms of service, and recommending potential expansion strategies.
- Monitor and manage activity on various social media platforms as needed.
- Help to serve as a promoter for FBI social media strategy, policy, and execution across the organization.
- Develop and deliver presentations on FBI.gov and social media.
- Write short and long form products on FBI programs, activities, stories, events, or public awareness campaigns for FBI.gov;
- Edit short and long form products drafted by personnel with a wide range of backgrounds, management level, and writing experience, ensuring proper grammar, plain language, and consistence with the existing tone and style of FBI.gov;
- Write in a concise, deadline-driven manner, using plain language for the purpose of engaging and informing the public and consistent with the existing tone and style of FBI.gov;
- Collaborate with entities across the FBI to develop and shape web products and content on FBI.gov, guide and lead entities to create content with value, relevance, and appropriateness to inform and engage the public;
- Conduct thorough independent research and interviews to obtain holistic, context-driven, and accurate information from a variety of sources to develop effective web products;
- Ensure all content has been reviewed and approved for public consumption by the appropriate FBI entities to include division and OPA management and security when appropriate;
- Team with members of varying skills and duties, including graphic designers, photographers, and technical personnel, to create cohesive products.
- Contribute to the management of content on FBI.gov including routinely reviewing content for relevance and value;
- Develop, support, and execute digital and web communications strategies and promotional campaigns across various platforms, using a variety of online tools, including analyzing and measuring strategy success at achieving goals.
- Take photos, film videos, produce graphics and other digital content, and assist with the planning, executing, and editing of digital media content production;
- Design, implement, measure, and monitor web metrics for digital marketing initiatives and routine content; and aggregate data, summarize information, communicate findings, and provide recommendations for improvement of future efforts
- Extensive (minimum of 5 years) writing short- and long-form stories or products in a deadline-driven manner, using concise and plain language for the purpose of engaging and informing the audience
- Extensive (minimum of 5 years) editing of written materials for not only grammar, context, and clarity, but also ensuring products written by various authors maintain a set style, voice, and tone
- Effectively leveraging public affairs instincts and experience to evaluate and vet content for public distribution, including the ability to assess content for appropriateness and potential affects the content could have on active cases or public perception
- Independently researching, evaluating, and verifying factual information from a variety of sources and presenting it in a clear and valuable manner
- Technical skills working in a content management system or similar technology, making updates to content and creating new content
- Effectively working on teams, specifically with members with diverse skill sets as well as members internal and external to their immediate working group
- Strong verbal communications and negotiations skills to include experience coordinating or communicating with executives and ability to successfully navigate challenging conversations
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills, including effectively prioritizing multiple tasks or customer requests and making decisions under pressure or in a deadline driven environment
- Extensive (minimum of 5 years) capturing footage and shooting, producing, and editing digital media, including photos and videos, to accompany news stories and web content or independently tell stories
- Minimum of 5 years designing, collecting, and analyzing web and digital analytics data (web-based performance measurement and web traffic); analyzing and developing reports to make recommendations for improvement and assist in decision-making; and understanding web metrics (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Minimum of 5 years developing and implementing digital and web communications strategies and promotional campaigns across multiple platforms, using a variety of online tools, including analyzing and measuring strategy success at achieving goals
- Security clearance: Top Secret (TS)
- Minimum Education:
Shall have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as writing, journalism, marketing, public affairs, digital art, communications strategy, or similar
- Working with the US Intelligence Community
- Knowledge of or experience working with the FBI
- Working in more than one content management system
- Working with Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Capturing professional footage using digital Nikon or Canon cameras
- Using Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, or similar applications