Job Title: Senior Public Relations Manager
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow makes work, work better for people. Our cloud-based Now platform and products streamline and simplify how work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster and better. We help people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We are the fastest-growing enterprise cloud software company in the world, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 billion, and an increasingly relevant leader in digital transformation. For us, this is just the start.
We’re disruptive and fast paced. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow’s growing communications team is searching for a versatile, creative, team-oriented senior public relations manager who is motivated to advance our position as an enterprise software leader and innovator in the media and the market.
We’re looking for a strategic, results-driven, and well-organized PR professional with the ability to craft compelling messages and stories to help frame conversations with relevant media resulting in meaningful coverage in business and industry media outlets. We are looking for an innovative communicator to help drive the PR strategy and execution to raise awareness of ServiceNow, our platform and products, and deliver against the company’s strategic objectives. The role reports to the Director of Product PR and will be responsible for supporting the company’s Customer Workflow and Employee Workflow products. The role also serves as an important partner to the global corporate communications team, business units and marketing teams.
What You Get To Do In This Role
- Lead, manage and execute PR programs to support:
- ServiceNow’s Customer Workflow products, which are ServiceNow’s fastest-growing product line.
- ServiceNow’s Employee Workflow products, including the company’s new Safe Workplace apps, which enable workforce and workplace readiness. As of mid-June, only four weeks after their initial release, close to 400 customers worldwide have implemented over 1,600 app installations to manage the safe return of their employees.
- Communicate complex topics effectively and create a range of content, from press releases and blogs to executive briefing materials and creative briefs, within the enterprise technology landscape.
- Expand your strong relationships with media and influencers.
- Manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges.
- Develop PR strategies for driving media coverage, working closely with subject matter experts, executives, internal thought leaders and PR agency team.
- Collaborate with global PR teams on driving successful launches, announcements, PR programs, and other awareness opportunities globally.
- Monitor industry and market-related news and events to assess opportunities for rapid response and dedicated media outreach.
- Support the partner ecosystem through announcements and campaigns.
- Support ServiceNow’s annual user conference, Knowledge, which attracts 20,000+ attendees as well as industry events.
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for a candidate who has:
- Degree in communications, journalism, marketing or business preferred; graduate degree a plus.
- 9+ years of public relations experience, including PR agency experience.
- Track record of creating and executing impactful PR campaigns.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented
Highly organized with experience leading PR and communications campaigns, programs, and launches
- Proven experience in developing content, including blogs, bylines, key messages and fact sheets
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with attention to detail
- Passion for storytelling and identifying trends
- Ability to regularly counsel and engage, face-to-face, with the company’s leading product and technology executives
- Can-do, scrappy, creative spirit, with a desire to own projects from start to finish
- Ability to balance, prioritize and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a growing global team in size, scope and geography
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Experience with and existing relationships with technology and business media
- Background in enterprise software and/or cloud computing a plus
- We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with great talent and some of the most advanced technology in the business.