Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Pulp & Paper Process Engineer; this role is based in our Greenville,SC office, one of our many engineering centers for US Operations (other locations include: Greenville, Portland, Minneapolis, and Tallahassee).
This position primarily provides Pulp and Paper process leadership on forest industry projects but also has a strong influence in the overall development and execution in a project’s full life cycle. In this position, the Lead Pulp and Paper Engineer provides process engineering expertise from conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, construction grade scope and estimates, detailed design, start-up, system optimization, and trouble-shooting.
Primary Job duties:
- Lead the Pulp and Paper process design on projects or a team of process engineers on larger engineering projects and provide direction and coordination to other disciplines as the process lead
- Support project proposal efforts by developing a process scope of work and process man-hour estimate in support of the defined Client scope; Develop staffing plan and schedule to support the man-hour estimate and schedule from concept through design and start-up
- Develop and/or oversee production of engineering reports, studies, calculations, PFD’s, P&ID’s, GA’s, equipment specifications/data sheets, and review/approval of vendor submittals
- Assure quality of design documents and process deliverables
- Manage projects within budget and schedule constraints by interacting with Clients, team members and management to resolve project roadblocks
- Participate and provide leadership in Client and project team meetings to establish project objectives and coordinate and/or resolve design problems
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or Pulp & Paper Science (Professional registration is a plus)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the consulting engineering profession with progressive roles in working in a team environment on design of pulp and paper projects
- Proven history of leading the Process design effort on Pulp and Paper projects
- Experience in Pulp and Paper Industry is required. Specifically, working knowledge of the various unit operations such as:
- Causticizing and Chemical Recovery
- Chemical Pulping Fiberlines (wood yard, pulp mill, bleach plant etc.)
- Recycle Fiber (OCC, ONP, MW etc.)
- Machines (stock approach, various grades such as tissue, fluff pulp, linerboard etc.)
- Experience in a variety of technical and/or operational assignments in the paper industry is a plus
- Expertise in manufacturing processes with a demonstrated ability to translate that expertise into cost, quality, and/or capacity improvements is a plus
- A willingness to travel as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer.