- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Forest View Educational Center
- Date Available:
July 1, 2020
- Closing Date:
Internal Until 05/19/2020
- Position: Senior Purchasing/Payables Clerk (FVEC) 40 hrs/wk Grade 4 Effective July 1, 2020
ASSIGNMENT: 12 Month
This is specialized work in the Business Office at the Central Administration Center. An employee in this position is responsible for printing and distribution of purchase orders, invoices and other documents for payment within clearly established systems. There is considerable contact with staff and vendors.
The Senior Purchasing/Payables Clerk is expected to organize, prioritize and assign work to Purchasing/Payables Clerks as necessary. An employee in this position must exercise initiative and independent judgment in performing duties and in keeping informed of procedures and requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have purchasing/accounts payable experience within the district or its equivalent outside the district.
- Must have knowledge of computers, modern office practices, procedures and additional equipment.
- Must keyboard accurately.
- Must demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills and verbally communicate with staff and vendors.
- Must project a positive image of the district to staff and outside vendors as well as exhibit a positive employee attitude.
1. Processes accounts payable by:
a. reviewing invoices for accuracy and matching invoices with purchase orders
b. entering data into computer systems
c. reviewing computer generated payables reports for accuracy
d. recording the daily total of invoices processed by A/P per fund and balancing these figures to triale. maintains accurate vendor and account files
2. Maintains orderly and efficient work flow by:
a. serving as lead accounts/payable worker and assigning tasks to other accounts/payables clerks
b. creating check register, trial balance reports, daily edit, vouchers and checks
c. answering vendor inquiries
3. Supports business office operations by:
a. reviewing all payments made and identifying individuals to receive 1099 forms.
b. assisting staff in keeping track of account balances
c. relieving administration center receptionist according to prepared schedule
4. Continues job performance enhancement by participating in appropriate professional growth activities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply Online
Click on the Red "Apply" button above to begin an online application
Please be aware that as a requirement of your application you will be invited to complete a digital interview via RIVS (Interviewstream). The invitation will come to your email and the RIVS (Interviewstream) system gives you ten (10) calendar days to complete the interview from the time the invitation is issued. Keep in mind that the interview must be completed before you can submit your application, even if the interview expiration is beyond the date of the application deadline. Therefore, all your application materials, interview included, must be submitted by the application deadline.
Please email@example.com request an extension.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our district.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.