In the face of COVID-19, we have temporarily paused our hiring process with hope that we will resume actively interviewing soon. Until then, we will continue to review applications for critical roles, such as this position, and will revisit as we emerge from these unprecedented times. Your interest in a career at Gallup is important to us and we encourage you to submit your application today. Our team remains committed to finding the best talent, and can’t wait to learn more about you. To stay connected with our latest insights and learn more about our workplace culture, follow our company page on LinkedIn and @lifeatgallup on Instagram.
Work in AWS. Solve challenging problems. Create innovative solutions customers actually use.
Do you long to be a part of something big — with customer views that triple year over year — something that has an impact on millions, maybe even billions someday?
Gallup is seeking a talented developer to help build out exciting new products and maintain our core software platform, which is a combination of web applications and a data processing/analytics platform. In addition to developing, enhancing and maintaining applications in AWS using relational, NoSQL, Java 8, Python and additional specialized databases, you will troubleshoot and identify root causes of complex technical issues. You will also collaborate with internal partners to anticipate challenges, mitigate risks, and track and monitor trends to proactively solve problems. Your expertise will play a critical role in providing the exceptional service that Gallup’s clients expect from us
From working on projects that focus on wellbeing, strengths and engagement to developing systems that allow us to analyze what the world is thinking, our IT teams spend their days developing technology that changes the world. Join us as we continue building our world-class flagship platform,Gallup Access, where we offer the best advice and analytics available.
What you need:
- Five+ years of professional software development experience
- Three+ years of experience working in Python
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud technologies and boto3 library preferred
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python and multiprocess architecture
- Experience with at least one web framework such as Django or Flask preferred
- Experience with libraries such as pandas, numPy, sciPy, scikit-learn preferred
- Good understanding of Spark’s Dataframe and API using python(pyspark) preferred
- Knowledge of version control and build tools such as Git, Github, IntelliJ and Jira preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or a related field or the equivalent in education and experience required
What we offer:
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to work with the latest technology
- The creative and innovative feel of a start-up, with the stability and credibility of a well-established brand
- World-class managers who guide and empower associates based on their unique skills and strengths
- A robust benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance options, 401(k) retirement and savings plan with company matching, and an employee stock ownership program
- A beautiful downtown office on the Missouri River that boasts 50 acres of land
And the benefits don’t stop there. For more information about the perks of working in our Omaha Riverfront, click HERE.
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.