About our team
Ipsos Tech is the global engineering team behind Ipsos most ambitious products. We are a diverse group of technologists looking to transform our industry by changing how technology is used to create and capture value. Our team doesn’t shy away from challenges, and we excel at tackling some of the toughest problems in the market research industry. Our mission is to make Ipsos thrive in the digital age.
What will you be doing?
Ipsos Tech is looking for a Senior Python Engineer to be part of its engineering group based out of Chicago, working on our next generation platform for data ingestion, data wrangling, data analysis, and digital delivery.
As a core member of our engineering group, you will have direct contact with business and operations partners as you are expected to influence our platform’s roadmap. If you are not working side-by-side with stakeholders in preparation of an upcoming sprint, you will be having fun creating enterprise-grade Python libraries that will be used by thousands of users across the globe or working with our QA team to execute complex testing scenarios.
We are looking for an experienced Python developer with a quantitative mindset, interested in building components at scale. This energetic person will have direct responsibilities on:
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving Software
- Drive automation at every step from coding to deployments
- Mentor other team members in development best practices, clean scalable and performant code
- Write concise and maintainable enterprise-grade Python libraries
- Author unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Perform load, scale, and performance tests
- Promote test-driven development
- Work with our product team to understand and critique platform architectures
- Implement new features / build new capabilities of the platform
- Offer constructive feedback on design documents from other team members
- Bring a strong focus on innovation and the user of open source technologies
- Ensure architecture will support the requirements of the business
- Develop dataset processes for data wrangling and data delivery and package this functionality into enterprise-grade libraries
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
Must have qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- 5+ years of Python development experience. Advanced experience on data wrangling with Pandas a plus.
- Experience working with Django, Flask, or Pyramid
- Expert knowledge of Python’s NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib and leading Dataviz tools
- Experience building and deploying enterprise-grade Python packages
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes Python deployments
- Working knowledge of Spark
- Working knowledge of Drill