Founded in 2005, DevonWay is a software company headquartered inSan Francisco, with satellite offices in Salt Lake City, Portland, and Munich. Ourproducts help large organizations in high-reliability industries work better,safer, and more efficiently. Some of our customers include the U.S. Departmentof Energy, GE Healthcare, Los Alamos National Lab, EDF Energy, and Biogen.
We are a small company with about fifty employees. Our averagetenure is over 7 years and we have a 100% customer renewal rate, two metricsthat illustrate better than any other our strong, supportive culture thatvalues our customers and each other above all else. DevonWay is also acertified ISO 9001:2015 company.
A Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer, working under thedirection of the QA and Release Manager, is responsible for supporting andimproving the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) process. The Senior QA Engineer willdevelop and execute manual and automated tests. He/she will also review qualityspecifications and technical design documents, providing timely and meaningfulfeedback. The Senior QA Engineer will execute functional tests and manage smoketests to help ensure the overall quality of our YourWay platform and all otherapplications.
The successful candidate will have the ability to excel in afast-paced technical environment, be a quick learner, have a solidunderstanding of the application development lifecycle, enjoy technicalchallenges, and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
Salt Lake City, Utah, reporting to the QA and Release Manager.
Key areas ofresponsibility:
- · Learn our customers' use-cases. Understand why ourcustomers buy our software and what they are trying to accomplish with it.
- · Review requirements, specifications, andtechnical design documents, providing timely and meaningful feedback.
- · Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinatetesting activities.
- · Write, manage, and execute manual tests forthe mobile app (iOS, Android, and Windows 10) and the desktop web UI.
- · Write and execute automated functional tests,as required.
- · Identify, record, and thoroughly document softwarebugs.
- · Perform thorough regression testing when bugsare resolved.
- · Ensure the overall quality of both theplatform and customer-specific implementations.
- · Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developersand application engineers) to identify system requirements.
- · 2 to5 years’ experience performing software quality assurance functions
- · Experiencewith enterprise web applications and relational database concepts
- · Strongknowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- · Experienceworking in an Agile/Scrum development process
- · Experiencein writing clear, concise, comprehensive test plans and test cases
- · Excellentverbal and written communication skills
- · Ableto pass a security background check
- · BSin science, engineering, MIS, other technical field, or relevant experience
- · USCitizen
- · Goodat foosball and/or willing to learn
- · Experiencewith BDD (Behavior Driven Development), or Gherkin is beneficial
- · Experiencewith automated testing; Selenium and Python a plus