At Novavax, a clinical-stage vaccine company, we are creating tomorrow's vaccines today! We seek to attract, develop, and retain talented people who share our passion for science, medicine, and human health. We foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, built on a culture that values and appreciates its employees. We are a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
We are seeking a Sr. Quality Assurance Training Specialist to join our Quality Assurance department who will be responsible for designing and developing the GxP training program. The position will be located at our Gaithersburg, MD facility and will report to the QA Training Manager. The Training group designs, develops, implements and facilitates GxP training along with ensuring compliance with applicable regulations through appropriate documentation, qualified trainers, and approved training content.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Training Database/LMS/SharePoint Administrator
- Partner with internal stakeholders and serve as the technical resource for training and instructional design
- Deliver Training for individual/small group/large group training
- Assess instructional effectiveness and summarize evaluation reports determining the impact of training on employee skills
- Lead functional area management on the development of area specific curricula
- Interface and communicate with functional area management for accurate group/individual training requirements
- Work within project teams to design training strategy for system implementation
- Lead Training program-related Deviations/CAPA
- Qualified Trainer program administrator, conduct of OJT QTP assessments. Delivers Classroom Trainer skills workshop and coaches classroom instructors on Platform skills
- Independently write and/or approve controlled documentation (i.e. SOPs, protocols, etc.
- 4 - 8 years of relevant experience as a Training Professional in a GxP industry
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Expert presentation / group facilitation skills
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Extensive knowledge of e-learning (computer-based training) software and material creation
- Extensive knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Thorough Understanding of Quality Systems
- Experience in curriculum design
- Project Management ability
Additionally, we prefer candidates that have:
- The ability to clearly communicate within the team and occasionally beyond
- The desire to seek to learn about other areas and the dependencies
- The ability to present confidently
- The ability to strategize the new direction of his/her work when change is encountered or necessary
- The desire to help teammates with their own agility in a changing context
- Others' confidence in achieving deliverables that are complex, requiring interaction with other members of the immediate team and beyond
- The ability to produce high-quality work on complex problems with cross-functional involvement
- The ability to anticipate and proactively prevent risks and compromises to quality
- The ability to recognize inefficiencies in the team and offers improvements constructively
- The ability to work across teams effectively
- The ability to frequently collaborate on larger items involving other areas
- The ability to contribute significantly to cross-functional work
- The ability to network with senior internal and external peers in own area of expertise
- Demonstrated leadership and ownership of issues
- The ability to mentor junior team members
- The desire to consistently develop networks that are diverse in level and function, identifies and initiates new relationships as well as creative alliances to accomplish business objectives, and inspires people with diverse needs to work together for mutual benefit
Novavax, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to delivering novel products to prevent a broad range of infectious diseases. Using innovative proprietary recombinant nanoparticle vaccine technology, we produce vaccine candidates to efficiently and effectively respond to both known and emerging disease threats. Our vaccine candidates are genetically engineered three-dimensional nanostructures that incorporate recombinant proteins critical to disease pathogenesis.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Rockville, Maryland and Uppsala, Sweden. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.