The Senior Quality/Business Analyst contributes to shaping technology demands and driving quality among the Exact Sciences business community.
The Senior Quality/Business Analyst is a member of the IT Quality Team. The senior analyst provides leadership and mentorship to other quality/business analysts and fulfills both the business analyst and lead quality analyst roles for applications and systems development. This includes acting as an intermediary between IT project teams, vendors, and business partners to define, analyze, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which applications and solutions are developed and to lead large-scale testing efforts, coordinate with vendor/partners to develop end-to-end integrated test plans, as well as to manage test execution and defect resolution.
This role functions as stakeholder and user advocates by understanding their requirements, by representing their interests when working with the implementation teams, and by executing test strategies to provide objective evidence that system and application requirements are met. This role is hands-on and requires strategic thinking and planning to ensure all requirements are met for overall quality of the intended solutions both functionally and technically.
- Maintains on-going relationships with business partners to drive satisfaction with IT.
- Works to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs through dialogue with business partners.
- Clearly articulates and documents business requirements.
- Translates business requirements into functional requirements utilizing a structured process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing change).
- Maintains project requirements according to requirements management plan.
- Supports applications and solutions delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate requirements and validate proposed solutions.
- Reviews product design documentation to ensure that requirements are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Assists in generating use cases/user stories to ensure that all functional requirements are captured.
- Assesses the risks of various solutions.
- Recommends solutions based on cost vs benefit analysis.
- Develops and executes test plans.
- Collaboratively leads end-to-end system integration testing across multiple workstreams, functions and teams, ensuring that the entire solution delivers the intended business outcomes.
- Responsibility for developing test strategy and master test plans, incorporating all components of testing are accounted for including integration testing, performance testing and security testing.
- Works with outside vendors to deliver solutions.
- Conducts compatibility tests with vendor and non-vendor-provided programs.
- Collaborates with vendor/partners to develop test strategies and plans; holds vendors accountable for their contributions to test execution and defect turnaround.
- Plans and supports user acceptance testing and user training.
- Creates documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, correction, and objective evidence of meeting requirements.
- Ensures all prerequisite tasks are complete and software or system is ready for deployment.
- Provides Level 3 systems and applications support.
- Participates in system and data triage as necessary.
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Proactively provides process improvement recommendations within a quickly evolving company.
- Work with the IT Quality Team and other Information Technology teams to develop and maintain standards, processes, and documentation.
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Provide mentorship to other quality/business analysts by modeling best-practices and approaches and by reviewing requirements, user stories, and/or testing documentation to ensure quality standards se met.
- Consult in the assembly and development of people, resources, and budgets necessary to perform the functions of the IT Quality Team.
- Supervise staff; including, but not limited to, organize and prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, and manage work performance.
- Strong analytical skills, prioritization skills, business intuition, and organizational ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural and complex matrix environment.
- Ability to build consensus across functions.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations, and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science/MIS, science, healthcare-related science, or High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of related work experience in a quality assurance and business analyst role or hands-on technical role supporting laboratory order management systems or customer relationship systems through systems development, systems implementation, quality assurance, or similar experience.
- Demonstrated capacity for decision making in complex scenarios and for holding one-self and others accountable to those decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- 2+ years of experience working as a test lead.
- 2+ years of experience working as a lead quality analyst, or product owner on technology development projects.
- 2+ years of experience working under SDLC or other software-specific project management process.
- 2+ years of experience with User Centered Design.
- 2+ years of experience working with laboratory order cycle management, revenue cycle management, customer relationship management, or healthcare engagement and communication systems.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.