Cvent is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform that offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Our solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Our Portland office is focused on building out the Cvent's CrowdCompass mobile app platform. We have a diverse, collaborative and open environment where our teams are focused on building features that delight our customers. We create thousands of customer apps a year and have millions of downloads in both the Apple and Google app stores. It’s an exciting time to be a part of the world’s largest software solutions provider of mobile event apps for conferences, meetings, conventions and trade shows.
We’re looking for a Senior Automation Quality Engineer to help grow and enhance our rapidly expanding QA team and its capabilities. The Senior Automation Quality Engineer will not only be an individual contributor but will also be responsible for researching and recommending potential software testing improvements as well as mentoring other Quality Engineers for the betterment of the entire team.
You should be an automation whiz with experience writing and implementing test scripts. Mobile experience is preferred, but not a requirement.
What You Will Be Doing
- Interact closely with the entire development team, making sure issues are clearly communicated and tracked.
- Execute and develop test cases and procedures.
- Learn our testing frameworks and recommend improvements.
- Assist in the development of automated functional testing.
- Be an active contributing member of a strong, agile team.
- Challenge us to all be better developers.
- Mentor junior QA team members.
- Participate in ping-pong championships.
What You Will Need for this Position
- QA experience in a test-driven software development environment.
- 6+ years of automation and test script development experience.
- Mobile QA experience strongly preferred.
- Ruby, Java, Python, C# or other development strongly preferred (We use Java & Ruby).
- 6+ years experience with some or all of the following: Cucumber, Calabash, Capybara, WebDriver, Selenium.
- Solid understanding of software product development and design.
- Agile process experience is a plus.
- Leadership/mentorship experience is strongly preferred.
- A technical degree that pertains to Communicaton Engineering
- AWS Certified Associate Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified Associate Developer
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace