Founded in 1999, we are the world s largest meetings management technology company with over 3,700+ employees worldwide. Cvent offers an end to end software solution that includes site selection, online event registration, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Cvent works with over 170,000 users in 100 countries to manage hundreds of thousands of events, surveys and e-mail campaigns year round.
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.We are looking for Senior Quality Engineers to join our rapidly growing Technology Team. Cvent s Technology Team is responsible for the design, development and operation of the company s suite of cloud-based software products. We utilize the latest technologies, such as Java micro services and React single page apps to build our next generation software while employing the latest cutting-edge tools and engineering.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals not after-thoughts.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs
- Analyze and support innovative mobile applications on a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android and others.
- Automate web based testing and Restful web services using industry leading tools such as Selenium and ReadyAPI
- Gain experience testing in different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational DBs to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Cassandra
- Further enhance your skills by testing some of the following technologies: Redux, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch.
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to research issues and improve processes.
- Manage multiple tasks and adjust to shifting priorities, as necessary.
- Understand Data Flow & Test Strategy for ETL testing
- Write advanced SQL queries for ETL/DWH testing
We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software quality and must take pride in the software the team is producing.
- 5+ years of web based test management experience using some of the following tools: GIT, Stash, JIRA, FireBug, NVDA, Wave.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with relational databases
- Proficiency with Test Automation tools and scripting
- Experience with Web APIs and/or Web Services
- BS or MS in Computer Science OR related technical discipline.
- Experience in ETL and Data warehouse Testing
- Exposure to any 1 ETL tool
- Experience in testing Database Application to validate source to destination data movement and transformation
- Experience in automating RESTful Java APIs using ReadyAPI
- Proficiency with automating web based applications utilizing tools such as Selenium
- Familiarity with message queueing systems like RabbitMQ
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as Couchbase or Cassandra
- Involvement with, and a desire to mentor junior level Quality Engineers
- Experience with any of the following tools is a plus: SSIS, AWS, PragmaticWorks, Reporting Tools(like Cognos, BIRST, Tableau)