Johnson Electric (JE) is excited to announce that we are now recruiting for a Senior Quality Engineer for our Springfield, TN location. This person will function in the Quality Engineering Team to Develop Internal Processes and Systems to monitor and improve our production performance, with a goal of Zero Defects and achievement of World Class Status. Serves as the initial point of contact between customer and JE, lead. Champion root cause analysis. Advanced Quality Planning using JE-PDS & Gate Reviews for new product launches. Supervise / Mentor other quality functions (Quality Engineers / Engineering Tech / Metrology etc).
Relocation assistance will be provided for the right candidate!
- Ensures quality problems are resolved in a timely and effective manner without reoccurrence, Expert level in problem solving techniques (Customer / Internal Issues and Internal PPM)
- Works with management to establish performance expectations for all our manufacturing processes and monitors those expectations for improvement
- Works with APQP team on new product development
- Support QE requirements for PPAP submissions and annual validation to the customer
- Monitor Customer key measurables to achieve customer satisfaction
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the FMEA methodologies. Employ this experience in Quality improvement activities
- Quality Control and Inspection Method development and monitoring
- Monitor and address any Layered Audit Findings, complete Layered Audits and Internal Audits on schedule
- Maintain key process documentations like Control Plan, PFMEA, Inspection Checklist, Internal PPM Gap Closure, CRRN's, Customer Issue QPR Log etc
- Provide daily updates at the morning walkabout meetings concerning product and process concerns and continual improvements
- Primary contact for customer quality related concerns. Verifies and submits customer Corrective Actions in a timely, effective manner
- Lead / Mentor other quality department functions and be able to supervise other Quality Engineers / Eng Tech / Metrology
- Eligible to work in the United States for any employer without need for sponsorship
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working in Automotive industry
- In-depth knowledge of automotive methodologies, to include: SPC, APQP, PFEMA development, Control Plans, PPAPs, Process Flow, AIAG requirements, and Customer specific requirements
- In-depth knowledge of quality tools, to include: Fish Bone diagram, Pareto Charting, inspection tools, 5 Why, Is/Is Not, and other methods of structured problem solving
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead a problem solving team to meet group objectives
- Thorough knowledge of modern office equipment with a special emphasis on: Excel, MSWord, Minitab, and other software
- Supervisory skills to oversee other quality department functions
Johnson Electric is a global leader in motion products, control systems and flexible interconnects. We serve a broad range of industries including automotive, building automation and security, business machines, defense and aerospace, food and beverage, home technologies, HVAC, industrial equipment, medical devices, personal care, power equipment and power tools.
Established in 1959, Johnson Electric ships its products to more than 30 countries for use in hundreds of different product applications. Innovation and product design centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Israel, France, Canada, UK and USA. We employ more than 40,000 employees and subcontract workers in over 23 countries.
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.