Senior Radar Scientist to use advanced imaging radar physics, specifically Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), research and quantitative analysis techniques to provide imagery science services in support of GEOINT and All-Source analysis.
- Develop, validate, and implement radar processing techniques to solve complex issues.
- Perform research with little guidance and independently write reports detailing methods, results, and impacts to assigned issues.
- Interact directly with customers as requirements arise and devise an optimal approach to processing and scientifically analyzing radar data in a timely manner given the available tools and techniques.
- Perform ad-hoc informational briefings and training for the purpose of educating analysts and managers as to the capabilities of imagery data processing and its benefit.
- Participate in forums and conferences and potentially support technical information or case study presentations. Act as coordination liaison with peers in the community.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance. CI Polygraph preferred.
- Advanced degree, Ph. D preferred, in imaging science, remote sensing, earth science or similar science field.
- 20+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Deep understanding of mathematical and computational principles of image formation.
- Experience performing quantitative and qualitative research and delivering briefings based upon the resulting work/accomplishments.
- Knowledge of national and commercial imaging system exploitation techniques, phenomenologies, methodologies, and processing techniques.
- Published image science reports and/or authored new procedures/methods to create innovative approaches to solve complex problems.
- Proficiency using image processing and geostatistical research tools (i.e. ENVI, ERDAS, R, MATLAB, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels.
$150,000.00 - $200,000.00 /year