Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Role Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Remediation Engineer with a process design background for work with engineering design, construction support & planning documents in our Portland, Maine office. We are looking for a dynamic, creative, quality driven Engineer with excellent interpersonal, and communication skills. We are working on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US that involve process design primarily for remediation systems & water, wastewater, and industrial wastewater projects.
This position offers the opportunity to be a design leader on multi-discipline designs, to interact with clients and staff in Portland and other Wood offices, mentor junior staff, contribute to the growth of the environmental engineering design group, and collaborate with engineering staff in multiple disciplines while executing the following roles/responsibilities.
- Evaluates treatment economics and performs system optimization
- Calculates and manages simple, small fee, non-complex project budgets
- Prepares proposals and assists in preparation of large-scale proposals
- Prepares design plans and specifications
- Contacts vendors to research product applicability specific to project requirements
- Plans and implements bench- and pilot-scale treatability studies
- Prepares and generates routine reports and correspondence; writes reports
- Reviews field reports prepared by staff specialists; provides guidance to field personnel
- Supports construction through submittal reviews, oversight, and design input
- Evaluates contractor’s performance against schedule, budget and specifications
- Maintains successful client relations while working on multiple projects at one time
- Works as part of an environmental design team that addresses remediation and wastewater projects
- Follows company safety standards, site safety standards and audits subcontractor safety activities
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering, MS in Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering is preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) license, active NCEES account with ability to acquire PE licensure in additional states
- 10+ years of design or construction experience with a focus on environmental applications in site remediation and treatment process engineering
- Experience with remediation systems - Understanding of means and methods associated with environmental remediation technologies and treatment systems such as soil vapor extraction, multiphase extraction, groundwater extraction/injection, LNAPL recovery, air sparging, carbon adsorption, air stripping, and oxidation
- Experience with physical-chemical or biological treatment methods
- Expert in process design (e.g., equipment sizing, P&IDs, materials of construction)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills; strong organizational abilities
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites - anticipated travel expected to be less than 20% overnight travel; however, extended travel is possible at times
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions
- May lift equipment and carry laboratory samples which require the ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Construction inspection/oversight experience
- Experience with per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances
- Experience with remediation treatment system design
- Experience planning and performing bench and pilot-scale treatability studies
- Experience completing process hazard analyses
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
- Self-starter and lifelong learner
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.
Negotiable based on qualifications/experience