A career with A Place for Mom is an opportunity for you to join a rapidly expanding company committed to making a difference for seniors and their families. A Place for Mom is an online platform connecting families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors providing insight-driven and personalized solutions. Our mission, as the leader in senior care advisory, is to be a trusted destination for families and our community customers. We are a quickly growing organization with over 500 advisors connecting more than 300K families every year to one of our community customers.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of our customers is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day and are an important part of our hiring practices:
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member. Work as a Single Supportive Team
Based in New York, NY or Overland Park, KS the Senior Reporting Analyst will support Sales Operations to provide timely, accurate and easily understood information to A Place for Mom’s teams, via the reporting solution they create. We are looking for someone with the right experience who is interested in working at a company to see the impact of their work almost immediately!
WHO YOU ARE
You are a hands on, quick learner who enjoys analyzing and interpreting data. You know how to work with large sets of data, create reports in a variety of tools, and communicate relevant insights. You will thrive in a fast paced environment where you are expected to build strong relationships with the business and you are essential to helping leaders make smarter and more informed decisions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Solve problems by diving into the data, identifying key metrics for sales performance and providing recommendations and key insights.
- Take responsibility for scaling, automating, and maintaining reporting and analysis.
- Collaborate with sales leaders, work across functions and organizational levels to develop solutions.
- Build automated, actionable and accurate reporting suites (e.g. Management dashboards, Sales rep dashboards, exception alerting reports, tool adoption tracking report, etc.).
- Analyze current business performance, build models to both explain current trends and create dashboards that accurately reflect the current state.
- Understand top initiatives that the company is focusing on, and then be able to anticipate + create the reporting needs that will ensure project success.
- Analyze current reports and work with the sales teams to decide which reports are needed, which can be deleted and which need to be modified.
- Identify discrepancies between reports and resolve.
- Query and analyze data from various and differing systems.
Required Skills and Competencies
- BA/BS in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business or a related field)
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in analytical environments with emphasis on data analysis, reporting, and operational strategy. Relevant experience includes consulting, sales operations, business intelligence, supply chain analytics, or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in storytelling with data. Ability to communicate well to both data-savvy audience and less data savvy audiences.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Expertise and experience with SQL required, Qlikview and SSRS preferred
- Experience in additional data visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI, preferred
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to learn quickly, be proactive, and assume ownership for broad tracks of work.
- Creates leverage: Able to design efficient, scalable solutions while constantly focusing efforts on the most beneficial activities.
- Strong communicator: Able to communicate well to a data-savvy audience but also to less data savvy audiences. Able to translate data insights to sales teams.
- Team player: Builds good relationships with the team and across the organization.
- Strong troubleshooting: Able to track a trend in the issues, come up with a plan and solve. Able to navigate and prioritize shifting initiatives.
The position is a salaried, exempt position.