- 5 years of work experience in consulting, corporate development, market research, M&A, or strategy role
- 2 years of experience in the field of competitive intelligence (CI)
- Bachelor’s degree in strategy or any business-related field
- Excellent PowerPoint, storytelling, and data visualization skills
- Familiarity with a variety of technical CI solutions and agency partners
- Deep understanding of research and intelligence frameworks: data sources, select software solutions, vendors, and internet research to gather CI
- Experience conducting war gaming sessions
- Proficient in design thinking, facilitated thinking, or human centered design
- Experience in mergers & acquisition (M&A) analyst role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with digital products
- Intermediate understanding of library science practices and principles
The Senior Research Analyst, Competitive Intelligence brokers secondary market research resources given the business decision at hand. The successful candidate will leverage a broad range of external data resources to identify impactful insights benefiting multiple business areas and develop data-driven strategies that reduce risk while we grow our business.
- Keeps pulse of top competitors by monitoring publicly available information to serve as early warning indicators of marketplace shifts.
- Develops and manages process for capturing and distribution CI from field in accordance with standards set forth by legal counsel.
- Leads through cross-functional influence to keep perspective on competitor strategic intent current.
- Conducts competitive research and distills actionable intelligence that informs business development decisions and initiatives.
- Leads the preparation, execution, and follow-up of strategic workshops, involving tools such as Porter’s five forces and four corners analyses, game theory, war-gaming, and scenario planning.
- Manages and administers a CI software tool for use across multiple business units and areas to track competitive movements, automate data collection, and improve efficiency of CI insight distribution.
- Utilize custom and secondary research to develop enterprise competitive insights that can inform brand strategy and business development.
- Analyzes and synthesizes qualitative and quantitative information, observing patterns and identifying implications before making inferences to evaluate competitors’ products/services, strategic direction, and core competencies utilizing a wide variety of resources.
- Synthesize and triangulate secondary market research with other data sources and tribal knowledge.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of business success drivers, industry and regulatory trends, potential disruptors, and the competitive marketplace intelligence
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 through 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.