Senior Research Assistant - Robert S. Boas Center for Genomics & Human GeneticsJob Number:0027NR
The research of the Robert S. Boas Center for Genomics and Human Genetics employs cutting-edge genetic/genomic approaches to investigate various human diseases, including autoimmune and inflammatory diseases and cancer.
In this role, you will perform research under the mentorship of Professors Peter K Gregersen, MD and Christine Metz, PhD, studying endometriosis. More specifically, you will continue to develop a unique approach using menstrual blood as a tool to better understand this disease and to develop improved treatments and diagnostic approaches. Please click here to learn more about the study.
Performs a variety of independent activities involved in planning, organizing and conducting assigned portion(s) of research studies. Participates in the coordination of sharing information, lending assistance, and solving problems with other team members, as needed.
• Collaborates with investigator and other team members in developing plans, organization, implementation and monitoring for research projects, interpretation of results, and preparation of manuscripts or reports.
• Sets-up related interviews, as appropriate.
• Participates in compilation/writing of integrated reports and preparation of presentations and manuscripts of scientific meetings and technical journals.
• Organizes and conducts assigned studies, independently, following and adhering to current experimental protocols.
• Learns, researches and recommends new experimental procedures, as necessary
• Develops forms and questionnaires and coordinates the application of research techniques, as necessary.
• Ensures work is in compliance with the currently approved protocols, with Good Clinical Research Practice (GCP), and with applicable regulatory requirement(s).
• Participates in design and writing of protocols, case report forms and informed consent forms for clinical trials.
• Performs a variety of independent activities involved in the collection, verification, analysis, documentation and interpretation of research data.
• Selects sources of information and specific data.
• Prepares correspondence to locate the specific data, as required.
• Evaluates and interprets collected data, and prepares presentations, reports and analyses describing progress, trends, and recommendations or conclusions.
4. Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree, required.
- Minimum three (3) years Research experience, required.
- Minimum two (2) years experience with tissue culture, qPCR, ELISA, and western blotting methods preferred
- Prior flow cytometry, gene targeting and/or microscopy experience preferred.
- Maintains current knowledge of research study area including attending scientific/professional meetings and training courses as appropriate.
- Works effectively as part of a team with good interpersonal skills.
Finance Job Family:CLP_AX
Primary Location:Nassau County-Manhasset-NSLIJ Research
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time:9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Job Level:Team Member