In June 2019, Vertex announced the establishment of a new research site in the Boston area where research, development, and clinical manufacturing for cell and genetic therapies will be primarily based. Cell and genetic therapies represent two rapidly emerging therapeutic modalities with the potential to treat—and even cure—several of the diseases Vertex is focused on, including sickle cell disease, Duchenne muscular dystrophy and type 1 diabetes. Further investment in a research site specifically designed to advance these programs will be key to Vertex’s continued and sustained leadership in these exciting approaches. At Vertex Cell and Genetic Therapies (VCGT) our research teams will bring together the best biology, technologies and enhanced manufacturing capabilities to ensure we bring these cutting-edge transformative therapies to patients as quickly as possible.
- Perform routine and specialty histology techniques and image analysis
- Coordinate sample storage and analysis
- Develop novel histological analysis to support project needs (e.g. antibody selection, staining optimization, multiplexing)
- Execute histological analysis using good documentation practices
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects.
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) or Master’s (M.S.) degree in biology, clinical laboratory science, medical technology or related discipline with 6+ years experience (B.S.) or 4+ years experience (M.S.)
- Demonstrated expertise in standard and complex histological techniques (e.g. sectioning, H&E staining, IHC, multiplexing, specialty stains etc.)
- Familiarity with multiple imaging modalities
- Excellent organizational skills and documentation practices
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team