Are you passionate about understanding why people do the things they do? Are you interested in the hidden factors that drive consumer decisions? Do you like working on new challenges?
The Ipsos Behavioral Science Center is looking for a senior research director to join our Cincinnati based team of experts. Our primary mission is to partner with Ipsos research teams to integrate and leverage Behavioral Science principles into our research and consulting offers to create holistic, innovative, and actionable solutions for our clients.
One of our core values and point of differentiation in the market is our ability to couple scientific rigor with applied solutions. While we prefer candidates with graduate work in behavioral science or related fields, we are looking first and foremost for people with a passion and interest in consumer psychology and a desire to translate academic principles to real-world challenges.
The Ipsos Behavioral Science Center works with clients across a variety of business sectors ranging from consumer-packaged goods, to healthcare, to financial, and technology; we also leverage a variety of research approaches ranging from qualitative, to ethnography, to survey, to online communities, and social listening. We’ve helped a broad range of Fortune 100 companies create more powerful communications, optimize packaging decisions, innovate new products, and create long-term changes in behavior.
We are therefore looking for someone who is comfortable and capable of working on a variety of different project types typically at the same time. This person should be able to make broad connections and see patterns in research findings and solutions to ultimately help our clients apply learnings from a variety of different sources. The person in this role will working with a variety of internal and external clients and needs to be comfortable interacting with others in a variety of situations and is comfortable thinking on her/his feet.
Your primary role will be working with senior team members to develop business and execute day-to-day project needs. Specifically, you will:
- Apply academic theories and frameworks to create the design and content of client proposals and deliverables to provide insights on client’s business challenges Working with the team to merge academic theories to build unique BeSci point of view for Ipsos
- Develop contents for and lead workshops and webinars, internally and externally
- Participate in client meetings
In addition to the day-to-day tasks, we seek someone who will ultimately contribute to our thought leadership, product development, and internal evangelism for behavioral science insights.
Successful candidates should possess several of the following characteristics:
- Strong passion for Behavioral Science and problem solving
- Demonstrated track-record excellence in previous work (academic, professional, or personal)
- Advance degree in psychology, marketing, anthropology or a field related to understanding human behavior
- Some professional experience (2-4 years) preferred but not required in marketing, insights, or consulting OR advanced degree in related field
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet all deadlines
- Strong ability to make and sustain relationships
- Ability to work independently
- Best of class oral and written communication skills
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter summarizing both how your background prepares you to work on a Behavioral Science team and why are interested in this position
Location:Cincinnati, OH; with occasional traveling (up to 10%).