Management Recruiters has five offices as part of The Boston Group. We are one of the largest, oldest, and most successful franchises within the MRINetwork, which is the largest executive search and recruitment firm in the world.
Our client is a community Bank in southern Maine with branches also on the seacoast of New Hampshire. They have been a long-standing partner in their communities with the top priority of listening and responding to the financial needs of their customers and community members.
Oversees management, strategic direction and Business development of retail lending and underwriting, and directs the activities of the Loan Servicing department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active participant in business development efforts to help meet strategic plan vision and goals of the bank.
- Originates residential loan procedures for retail loan personnel.
- Renders final credit decisions on residential loans.
- Guides and develops the residential real estate activities, training and work assignments of subordinates.
- Oversees and recommends upgrades and improvements to the Bank’s residential lending policies and procedures; ensures that changes to these policies and procedures are implemented as necessary.
- Develops and implements new residential loan products as necessary.
- Selects and maintains list of approved Retail appraisers by reviewing sample appraisals, resumes and licenses of possible appraisers. Negotiates reasonable appraisal fee schedule.
- Responsible for the sale of loans post-closing to secondary market investors (i.e., Fannie Mae, FHLB, State Housing agencies)
- Adherence to CFPB rules governing “ability to repay” (ATR) and “qualified mortgages” (QM)
- Writes proposals to expand current residential real estate lending business.
- Provides regular reports to the COO on the Bank’s residential real estate portfolio and pending pipeline.
- Approve loan exceptions, set interest rates and assist Retail Lending departments in the absence of COO.
- Direct the activities of the Loan Servicing department to include loan bookings, servicing of existing relationships and document retention activities.
- Ensure efficient and timely processes are maintained to effectively service the banks retail and commercial loans.
- Bachelor degree in finance or comparative work experience in Banking/Finance.
- 10+ years’ of mortgage lending experience.
- Thorough understanding of loan documentation criteria and business objectives for the Retail Lending Department.
- Excellent communication, management and analytical skills necessary to properly motivate employees, while contributing to interdepartmental cooperation.
Due to a large volume of applicants, ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES WITH THESE SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS please respond by sending your resume to: Jwennerberg@mri-boston.com
Keywords: Banking, Retail banking