We are looking for a talented Senior Revenue Accountant, who will report to the AR and Revenue Operations Manager and assist with the entire revenue accounting and close process with a focus on compliance with ASC 606 and streamlining our revenue recognition process.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for accurate timely month-end closing processes in all areas of revenue:
- Prepare deferred revenue journal entries and other revenue related entries within the accounting ledger
- Assemble account balance reconciliations related to revenue
- ·Prepare monthly revenue flux analysis and other month-end close reports
- Verify sales tax is appropriately mapped and assessed in accounting system and company is in compliance with sales tax filings and regulations
- Support daily revenue operations (sales orders, invoicing, collections) as needed
- Assist with technical accounting research and compliance with revenue recognition standards:
- Prepare revenue analysis documentation and revenue recognition schedules required for disclosures
- Maintain listing of all contracts
- Review customer contracts for new performance obligations, including identifying non-standard or potential revenue recognition issues and recommending accounting treatment based on ASC 606
- Work closely with Finance team to ensure budgeted revenue and forecast align with ASC 606
- Collaborate with Internal Products, Sales, Sales Support, and Client Experience teams on business changes and new revenue products to ensure accurate recognition and best practices related to revenue accounting, the close process, and internal controls
- Participate in annual audit, preparation of financial statement disclosures, and special projects as needed.
Living the Values:
Value Team Members and Commit to their Growth
With the right tools and opportunities, we cultivate a respectful environment where people can thrive.
Imagine. Innovate. Inspire.
We innovate with passion, take measured risk, embrace diversity of thought and champion necessary change.
Optimize the Experience
We collaborate to create best-possible experiences for our team members and customers.
Achieve Exceptional Results
We align on desired outcomes and take responsibility for achieving our goals.
The Ideal Candidate:
- B. S. Degree in Accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Technical knowledge of revenue recognition standards under ASC 606
- Four plus years of public accounting and/or related SaaS/technology industry experience
- Experience with Dynamics 365, Salesforce, Avalara, and Power BI a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong analytical skills.
- Must be self directed and able to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced professional environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong emphasis in Excel
About CU Direct
CU Direct helps credit unions, dealers and affinity groups succeed.
Since 1994, CU Direct has been the leading advocate for credit unions. We are credit union owned, credit union focused, and CUSO driven. Through exceptional products and services, we create exponential value for credit unions. Our broad range of innovative, industry leading lending solutions and technology help them achieve their lending goals and to be more successful.
If you've got the skills, we'd love to talk to you!