Reporting to the Director of Sales the Senior Sales Manager is responsible for identifying new business in specific markets to meet or exceed identified sales and revenue goals. They will utilize their skillset to complete the full cycle of the sale from contact to contract. They will work collaboratively with other team members in pursuit of the unified department goals. They will strive to model the Pursell Farms core values in the completion of their work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Advanced level of producing room, banquet, and room rental revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the resort, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the resort to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Anticipate our guests' needs and respond promptly.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings. * Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the resort. * Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate should have established relationships with meeting planners, proven record of achieving established revenue goals for rooms and banquets.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or similar field of study preferred.
- Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of full-service hotel or resort sales experience preferred.
- Prior experience at a similar size and quality hotel or resort.
- Proven Hotel/Resort Sales record.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel,
- and Delphi.
- Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Advanced knowledge of resort and competitive market.
- Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.