As a member of the Strategy and Planning team, the Senior Sales Operations Analyst for the Application Engineering organization acts as the primary interface from Sales Operations to the Applications Engineering organization. The position is expected to raise efficiency, productivity and process compliance by means of identifying and implementing best practice operational processes across Planning and Strategy, Selling Model Design and Management, and Business Intelligence and Systems for the Application Engineering organization.
This individual will also be expected to work collaboratively across other functional organizations who contribute to the success of these teams.
- Act as trusted Business Advisor to Application Engineering (AE) Management and field teams
- Be a trusted liaison with other functional organizations and represent/advocate for AE in all interactions
- Provide strategic insight into the business through touchpoints with other functional teams
- Support Annual Planning, Reboot, and Advisories Meetings
- Continuously evaluate processes, identify areas for improvement, propose and implement solutions
- Provide the required reporting, analytics & business intelligence to support strategic & tactical initiatives (by working collaboratively with the Business Intelligence and Technology Team)
- Drive organizational awareness of processes, timelines, requirements and reporting metrics to enable and maintain operational excellence
- Proactively anticipate new systems/trends that can drive productivity and create new ways to measure the business (by working collaboratively with the Business Intelligence and Technology Team)
- Understand current and future Selling Model needs and work collaboratively with Sales and Service to drive processes to support anticipated changes
- Identify key metrics with AE Management and provide insight and guidance that enables deeper inspection of the business on a consistent basis
- Document standardized process flows, hand-offs, inputs and outputs to identify issues, isolate waste and prioritize improvement efforts
- Provide day-to-day operational support
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Technical services operations competence (customer/sales support planning, sales systems, reporting, processes and methodologies, compute infrastructures)
- Experience with analytical, business and collaboration tools such as Excel and SharePoint, and Sales and BI systems such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage conflicting priorities and to complete assignments under aggressive time constraints
- Must be results oriented and able to move forward without complete information
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analyses, yet translate those results to easily digestible insights, messages & presentations
- Experience working with international teams where English is not their primary language
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment with diverse audiences, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to new demands; knows when to demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time as well as participate or lead occasional international calls (early mornings or evenings)
- MBA a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.