Please Submit Full Resume with Title of Position in Subject Line To: email@example.com
TUV Rheinland of North America is expanding our team in Fremont, California to include a Wireless Engineer with a deep technical background in SAR (specific absorptions rate) and Wireless testing to complete all aspects of regulatory compliance testing and reporting on client products.
Ideal candidate will demonstrate depth in a combination of the following areas:
- SAR (specific absorption rate) test methods, tools and systems.
- Wireless test methods, tools and systems.
- Cellular and/or Wi-Fi communication systems.
- Establishment of wireless QOS, reliability and robustness requirements and test methods.
- Prior experience developing wireless communications test protocols.
- Experience in testing/inspection/certification (TIC) services, clinical, electronics, and/or product engineering environments.
- Demonstrated history understanding, defining, designing and testing to use cases.
- Meet test objectives by determining testing methods (SAR, Wireless, etc.) and selecting testing equipment. Ensure customer test criteria is correctly interpreted and applied. Interpret and apply applicable test standards.
- Perform tests for certification of equipment to applicable domestic or international regulatory standards and regulatory compliance regulations; advises customers of non-compliance.
- Develop test strategies and test plans to verify standards, compatibility, functionality, performance and reliability.
- Validate proper design and operations of product features as defined by functional specifications.
- Report and track defects found during testing. Record test data, technical information and other details. Generate and revise test documents and reports (SOP’s, datasheets, methods, etc.).
- Establish and maintain professional relationship with customers.
- Participate in and promote process improvements. Participate in creating and evaluating new product test requirements and test strategies.
- Liaise with other global laboratories to ensure consistency and accuracy of methods and interpretations.
- Develop/extend wireless test competencies within the organization both through internal tools/systems as well as work on behalf of our clients.
- Create platform elements for wireless system requirement, test and risk management for use by product testing teams.
- Support technology and product testing efforts as a OTA system expert.
- Represent the organization as a technical contact on projects. Interact with senior leadership and clients on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop business and respond to customer needs.
- Work well independently and as part of team; provide support/mentorship to other engineers.
- Perform other job related duties or special projects as required.
- BS Degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or equivalent plus work experience.
- 5+ years directly related experience, with TIC industry experience preferred. Minimum of 3 years in product/regulatory testing.
- Experience using standard SAR and other related test tool
- The Ideal candidate also has knowledge of Fast SAR Systems and technology.
- In-depth understanding of SAR test methods and theories.
- In-depth understanding of the architectures, interfaces, protocols and principles of wireless technologies including Cellular/Mobile Telecommunications, Wi-Fi – 802.11.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, solid technical writing skills. Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers.
- Strong engineering knowledge, understanding of testing requirements, manufacturing processes, drawings and standards.
- Knowledge of US and international regulatory standards and approval requirements.
- Ability to travel. Valid driver’s license required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of western consumer values and expectations in regards to foreseeable product use and abuse.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Ability to travel to client locations and attend comities and conferences.
No telephone calls; no agency calls/no agency inquiries, please!
ALL INQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please place job Title in Subject Line with Full Resume)
TÜV Rheinland is a global technical service provider in testing, inspection and certification services for technology and environmental businesses. TUV Rheinland of North America is an OSHA-approved NRTL (Nationally RecognizedTesting Laboratory), and offers the cTUVus mark, which is equivalent to all other NRTL marks (e.g. UL, ETL or CSA), accepted by manufacturers, retailers, distributors, utilities and authorities having jurisdictions (AHJs).