Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
This position is responsible for providing support and guidance to proposal and project teams in all phases of the planning, development, submission, management, updating and analysis of CPM Schedules to insure conformance with company standard practices amp; project specifications. This role will support Heavy Civil Group, Central Region, in the pursuit of projects %2450M+ to include roadway, bridge, light rail, dam, and more.
Essential Job Accountabilities
• Proposals and Bids
a. Review project specific scheduling requirements and provide guidance to teams
b. Technical proposal writing for scheduling subject matter
c. Design and development of the proposal/bid CPM Schedule
• New Projects
d. Design and development of the project schedule
e. Subcontractor / vendor schedule guidance
f. Setup of Monthly Updating and Reporting procedures
• Existing Projects
g. Provide Monthly Update support and guidance
h. Recognition and analysis of project impacts and delays
i. Provide support to project scheduling engineers
j. Development and maintenance of Project Controls procedures and Primavera P3/P6 desktop procedures
• Scheduling Procedures and Software
k. Development of scheduling standards and procedures
l. Development and implementation of P6 Web tool
m. Provide software tool training
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management or 10+ years of Project Controls experience may be substituted for education
• Experience in performing/monitoring and reviewing/planning scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis
• Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing innovative solutions to planning and scheduling problems
• 5+ years work experience in project level planning and scheduling
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling for heavy civil projects
• Knowledge/experience in heavy civil construction means and methods
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and Primavera (P3/P6)
• Proven experience with cost and schedule databases
• Exceptional problem solving skills with consistent follow through
• Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with a close attention to detail
• Self-starter; able to seek out resources and structure own workflow
• Strong consultative and communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, staff and external customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for extended periods of time
• Occasional short term on-site project assignments or travel
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the Samp;P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values:Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenshipand we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.Project ControlsProject ControlsFull-time