Senior Scientist, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) 1081712
Job Scope & Purpose:
A growing biotech client just outside of Cambridge, MA is looking for a strong candidate to lead and conduct Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) studies in support of the small molecule drug discovery/development programs in a multitude of disease areas. This individual will contribute strategically as well as technically within a highly collaborative group of individuals designing, executing and analyzing studies in Pharmacology and DMPK/Bioanalysis. Our client is looking for an individual with a strong chemistry background as well as experience in identification of metabolite. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to dive into the science, and contribute to an IND filing.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Design, conduct, interpret and report bioanalytical method development and sample analysis using LC/MS/MS
- Conduct enzymatic assays and in vitro/ex vivo drug metabolism studies, including liver microsome stability testing in different species, cytochrome P450 inhibition, hepatocyte metabolism, and metabolite identification, etc
- Manage a bioanalytical lab and keep the instruments running properly
- Conduct PK/PD modeling using Phoenix software and write PK reports to support drug discovery /development efforts
- Address and resolve scientific issues arising in drug discovery/development programs
- Write study reports to support the IND submissions
- Interact with multidisciplinary teams (including chemists, toxicologists and clinical managers) to meet project goals and timelines
- Communicate unambiguous critical and significant project information to various bodies including project teams and leadership
Primary Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent with 2-5 years of relevant academic or industry research experience
- Knowledge of regulatory guidance for bioanalysis and GLP compliance
- Experience with PK/PD modeling using Phoenix software a plus
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Relates to employees and management in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
- Productivity/Organizing/Planning: Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Communication Skills: The ability to convey both written and verbal information effectively and efficiently.
- Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth: Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Detail-Oriented: Follows precise procedures and demonstrates thoroughness in performing job tasks and assignments.
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Drug Formulation Scientist