Proviviâ„¢ is a California-based, globally operating AgTech company using pheromones to protect crops from major damaging insects. Our patented production method enables a step-change in the cost of manufacturing pheromones, allowing us to pioneer the use of this proven tool in high-acreage crops such as corn, rice, and soy.
Founded in 2013 by Nobel laureate Frances Arnold and Caltech scholars Pedro Coelho and Peter Meinhold, we are hiring the very best and brightest people to develop and commercialize our products.
Sr. Scientist - Formulation Chemistry, will develop pheromone-based sprayable agricultural formulations. The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation, development, and launch of pheromone-based formulations that will deliver value and meet the needs of customers.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct formulation development by designing experimental plans based on the defined deliverables, synthesizing microcapsules or other product formulations as needed, and carrying out performance analyses.
- Produce formulation samples in sufficient quantity and high quality for field testing.
- Prepares protocols, reports, and test methods and writes SOPs. Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation. Records results in notebook accurately, clearly, and regularly.
- Provide technical data to support regulatory submission.
- Actively demonstrate positive safety behaviors and practices.
- Collaborate with other members of formulation team, leadership team and other functions including Field Development, Marketing, Supply Chain and Regulatory to achieve company milestones.
- Plan and conduct work to meet agreed timelines.
- Lead development of specifications technical data required for successful scale up of formulations.
- Work with Operations team and CMOs to successfully transfer formulation from lab to production.
Qualifications & Skills Include:
- PhD in organic, physical, polymer or colloid chemistry or other chemical and material science and engineering related degrees.
- Hands-on laboratory experience with formulation technology such as microencapsulation, colloids, coacervation, and crosslinking chemistry.
- Experience with biodegradable linkages and polymers, controlled release, and colloid stability.
- Knowledge in reaction mechanisms, and interfacial/colloidal sciences.
- Ability to write clear scientific reports and effectively communicate results and recommendations to team members and collaborators.
- Proficiency in optical microscopy, conventional thermal analysis, chromatography techniques, and polymer analytical instruments including TGA, DSC, GC, MS, GPC, particle sizer, viscometer, and IR.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, across functions, and external partners
- Ability to resolve key project hurdles.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task.
- Experience in a start-up environment with tight deadlines is desirable.
- Capable of working independently, and as a team.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Provivi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteransâ€™ status, or any other legally-protected factors.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Powered by JazzHR