Job DescriptionJob #: 993282
Senior Scientist, Immuno-oncology (Ex-vivo), 993282
Job Scope & Purpose:
If you are an expert in immunological or immuno-oncology ex-vivo assay development this is the job for you. Our growing Biotech client is seeking an industry experienced Scientist to guide their ex-vivo assay development and needs your help in driving projects from the bench to successful decision points in assessing the mechanism of action. If you'd like to join this team in creating innovative immuno-oncology therapies reach out to Chris Clancy and the Stratacuity R&D team today!
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Independently propose, plan and perform studies to deeply characterize the company’s IO drug candidates and their mechanism of action
- Establish novel mechanistic insights addressing the impact of novel targets on anti-tumor immune response and tumor cell growth.
- Develop and perform complex functional immune assays using the primary mouse/human NK, T cells and other immune cells
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and establish assays and standard operating procedures as needed
- Provide scientific expertise and train/direct others in research techniques
- Interface with and manage external collaborators, including clinical and academic laboratories, biopharma partners, and CROs
- Work collaboratively within the Dragonfly team
Primary Role Requirements:
- Ph.D. in immunology, oncology, or tumor immunology preferred with 4+ years of industry experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical settings.
- Exhibited work exposure in assessing Mechanism-of-Action related to immunology, immunotherapy, and immuno-oncology
- Expertise in hands-on development of functional assays with ex vivo isolated immune cells and multi-color flow cytometry
- Experience in handling primary T cells or NK cells from mice and humans
- Experience with handling mice for various dosing routes, tissue collection, and bleeds
- Ability to communicate within the organization and with external partners and present high-quality data to key stakeholders to enable decision making
- Ability to work with changing demands and adapt to an evolving biotech environment
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.